Did you mean: 

Autocad 2011 NLM

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
threeam
364 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad 2011 NLM

Hi There,

We have a copy of Autocad 2011 that we had activated on an NLM server - both on windows xp..

We have since moved this copy of autocad 2011 to a windows 7 machine, and the NLM server to Windows Server 2012..

We had a previous Autodesk Subscription which brought us up to Autocad 2013, although this product key has supersceeded the previous 2012 and 2011 licences, so we are only able to create a new licence file via 'RegisterOnce' for 2013. 

We have a number of projects which require the use of Autocad 2011, so can anyone tell us how we can generate a new licence for our existing Autocad 2011 product key, or alternatively provide us with previous version support on the most recent 2013 licence - I have read that up to 2 previous versions should be supported.

Is this something Autodesk can provide on a case by case basis, or should we be able to use the register once feature to generate a licence file with previous version supoprt.

Thanks for your help!

- Matt

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: threeam

If you are no longer on subscription you will no longer be able to reload the older version to reauthorize and reuse. That's a perk of subscription.
Message 3 of 5
justshutup
in reply to: threeam

@threeam wrote:

Hi There,

We have a copy of Autocad 2011 that we had activated on an NLM server - both on windows xp..

We have since moved this copy of autocad 2011 to a windows 7 machine, and the NLM server to Windows Server 2012..

We had a previous Autodesk Subscription which brought us up to Autocad 2013, although this product key has supersceeded the previous 2012 and 2011 licences, so we are only able to create a new licence file via 'RegisterOnce' for 2013. 

We have a number of projects which require the use of Autocad 2011, so can anyone tell us how we can generate a new licence for our existing Autocad 2011 product key, or alternatively provide us with previous version support on the most recent 2013 licence - I have read that up to 2 previous versions should be supported.

Is this something Autodesk can provide on a case by case basis, or should we be able to use the register once feature to generate a licence file with previous version supoprt.

Thanks for your help!

- Matt

Talk to your reseller, they should be able to help you out.

Message 4 of 5
braudpat
in reply to: justshutup

Hello from France

In France and in Europ (And I think everywhere in the World) only Software with Subscription

can be authorized for previous versions (N-1 to N-3)

and for NLM Networked FlexLM version when you are on Subscription

you get automatically from N to N-3 authorizations ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: justshutup

justshutup wrote:

Talk to your reseller, they should be able to help you out.

To the OP, this ^^^^^ is the answer here. Us users/peers cannot get this solved for you.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost