AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

fubkins
Message 1 of 5 (1,287 Views)
Accepted Solution

AutoCad 2011 fails to LAUNCH (windows 7/ 32bit)

1287 Views, 4 Replies
10-30-2011 04:16 AM

I recently helped a student install an educational version of AutoCad 2011 plus minus 6 months ago. The student then later consulted with me asking if he would lose his version of Cad due to motherboard failure.

Now I explained that as long as its not the hardrive affected,nothing should happen to the AutoCad program.

He bought a new motherboard now AutoCad will not launch at all,not even an error message.

What could be the cause of AutoCad 2011 (32bit) failing to launch? and What is the cure for this?

:smileywink:bare in mind I have uninstalled, re-installed and tried to repair to no avail.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 5 (1,286 Views)

Re: AutoCad 2011 fails to LAUNCH (windows 7/ 32bit)

10-30-2011 04:25 AM in reply to: fubkins

Hi,

imho AutoCAD uses a lot of informations from your pc to get the license-system working. The harddrive is where the files for licensing are stored, but the processor-serial, the network-hw-adress and some other components together are the basic-infos for the auth.code.

If you start AutoCAD and you get no reaction of the system you could look into the event viewer of Windows. Is there any item that gives information why an application failed.

You also can try to start AutoCAD "as administrator" (right-click onto the AutoCAD-icon to get the option).

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
fubkins
Message 3 of 5 (1,277 Views)

10-30-2011 08:02 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I will look into  the EVENT VIEWER of windows.

As for the error messages or any signs of it not starting up - those do not appear.

I have ran Autocad as an administrator but still nothing.

I am away from the student but the students has agreed for me to remote access his computer...i s it possible for me to fix it via REMOTE?

Thank you

Luvuyo Mbikwana

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 5 (1,273 Views)

10-30-2011 08:15 AM in reply to: fubkins

Hi,

>> [...] is it possible for me to fix it via REMOTE?

I would say yes, I see no reason that will hold you up from doing that as long as the student let's you access the pc and the internet-speed is acceptable.

What may be a handicap is that the transferspeed will limit the visuality of the screen, so if you would see localy a flash of some windows you may not see that on your side. Let your student sit in front of his desktop and describe what he sees (short popups, ...) additionaly to that what you see on the remote site: e.g. that would be an example you may not see: >>>splash screen pops up and then AutoCAD closes<<<

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
fubkins
Message 5 of 5 (1,245 Views)

10-31-2011 12:38 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Alfred thank you for the time.

But the problem Im facing is Autocad has no screen pop ups at all. The splash displays as per usual, then the initial screen( iv attached the 2012 version).....and then all of that disapears on the 2011 student version.

But I will refer to the link you sent and see if I can reconfigure anything to cure this. As for the remote access I might just have to meet up with the student.

Thank you

Luvuyo Mbikwana

Durban University of technology

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube