AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

adammikulcik
Message 1 of 17 (6,141 Views)

AutoCAD crashes during start-up

6141 Views, 16 Replies
03-06-2012 12:04 PM

For some reason, AutoCAD (2012LT) now crashed upon start-up.  The program never actually opens.  It seems to be opening, including all of the Loading scripts, but the last message I see is "Preparing working environment...RIbbon" and then it crashes right before it would open.

I have un-installed and re-installed.  After re-installing, I downloaded the Service Pack and the Ribbon Hot Fix.  Nothing has worked.

Any ideas???

Thanks.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 17 (6,132 Views)

Re: AutoCAD crashes during start-up

03-06-2012 01:16 PM in reply to: adammikulcik

Hi,

try to right-click the desktop-icon and start AutoCAD with the option "as administrator".

You also can try to login to your system with another user-account and check if it crashes then also.

BTW: what pc / memory / operating-system / graphic-card do you have?

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Support
bryce.thelin
Message 3 of 17 (6,126 Views)

03-06-2012 03:39 PM in reply to: adammikulcik

Loading of the ribbon could be affected by the .NET Framework. Testing another user account is a good idea though. If it works there, then you can reset AutoCAD LT under your own account by clicking Start > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD LT 2012 > Reset Settings To Default.

Bryce Thelin
adammikulcik
Message 4 of 17 (6,124 Views)

03-06-2012 05:18 PM in reply to: adammikulcik

The odd thing is that it was working fine for months.  Then, all of the sudden, the program would open, but I recieved an error code and the program would close immediately.  The error code prompted an online solution from AutoDesk, which was to install AutoCAD 2012 LT Service Pack 1.  After installing the Service Pack, I haven't been able to get the program to open.

Product Support
bryce.thelin
Message 5 of 17 (6,112 Views)

03-07-2012 08:40 AM in reply to: adammikulcik

What operating system do you have and is it 32- or 64-bit?

It could be that the settings files for AutoCAD LT were damaged. It tries to load, hits the bad data, and then crashes. Try testing a new administrator user account. That will allow AutoCAD LT to load with a clean initial setup.

If it's an issue with the .NET Framework, you can uninstall and reinstall this. Just go through Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP) or Programs and Features (Windows Vista/7) and uninstall all the "Microsoft .NET Framework 4" and then download and install it again from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17718

Bryce Thelin
adammikulcik
Message 6 of 17 (6,090 Views)

03-09-2012 11:10 AM in reply to: adammikulcik

32 bit operating system.

In terms of the .NET Framework, I have both ".NET Framework Client Profile" and ".NET Framework Extended".  Am I supposed to remove both of those and replace with the link you posted?

Product Support
bryce.thelin
Message 7 of 17 (6,084 Views)

03-09-2012 11:30 AM in reply to: adammikulcik

Yes, uninstall both the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 and then reinstall from that link. It will put both back.

Is it Windows XP, Vista, or 7 32-bit that you have?

Bryce Thelin
adammikulcik
Message 8 of 17 (6,068 Views)

03-11-2012 07:57 PM in reply to: adammikulcik

I tried un-installing both .Net 4 Frameworks, re-starting the computer, and re-installing them, but AutoCAD didn't start, just as described above.

I have Windows XP.

Product Support
bryce.thelin
Message 9 of 17 (6,054 Views)

03-12-2012 09:09 AM in reply to: adammikulcik

Try testing a brand new administrator user account on your system. Let us know if AutoCAD will run under that login.

Bryce Thelin
adammikulcik
Message 10 of 17 (6,005 Views)

03-15-2012 10:19 AM in reply to: adammikulcik

I've tried a few things, and now the program actually loads.  However, an error pops up that says: "Customization file load failed.  File not found: C:\Documents and Settings\mikulcia\Application Data\AutoCAD LT 2012 - English\R17\enu\support\acadlt

I click OK and a message in the upper left hand corner says "The Ribbon does not have any tabs or panels currently loaded."  Then the program closes before I can open a file.

Any thoughts?

I haven't been able to have another administrator try to log in yet because I work remotely.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube