AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Valued Mentor
hardin
Message 1 of 3 (535 Views)

AutoCAD WS - Online Tab not showing up

535 Views, 2 Replies
10-18-2010 01:37 PM

Hey all,

I just installed the AutoCAD WS from the Subscription Advantage pack. My "ONLINE" tab does not show up in AutoCAD. It does in Civil 3D. I'm wondering if there is some alternative 'manual' loading method I can do to get it to show up in AutoCAD.

-

Nevermind. Now that I look at my partial menus in C3D, I see my AutoCAD did not load the "ACAD_2011_Subscription" menu.

-

Anyway, I've messed around with it a bit and it's pretty neat, but I'm not too sure what we, as a company, might do with it. It seems pretty limited and the designs we do are pretty advanced with 3D entities, annotative objects, Civil 3D objects, Xrefs, etc. etc. so using it as a communications tool with a client may not work all that great (for us anyway). It was fun to play with here in the office, though.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 3 (530 Views)

Re: AutoCAD WS - Online Tab not showing up

10-18-2010 02:09 PM in reply to: hardin

AutoCAD WS is for online "light" collaboration with project team members and clients, and if needed, gives you access to your posted files if you are at a job site or travelling without AutoCAD. It's not a replacement for AutoCAD and it's not a full fledged drafting tool:

https://www.autocadws.com/

It's also free for anyone without a subscription (it's the old Butterfly technology preview many have used for a year now): it's also the 'smarts' behind the iPhone and iPad app just announced/released.

The powers that be seem resistant to giving it it's own discussion area around here, not sure why.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Valued Mentor
TrevN
Message 3 of 3 (472 Views)

Re: AutoCAD WS - Online Tab not showing up

10-20-2010 07:53 AM in reply to: pendean

It's another selling point for the ipod generation!!

Nevermind the fancy apps Autodesk, maybe you should throw more money at actually making AC run how it should do and get rid of all the bugs!!!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube