Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD MEP & Inventor Fusion

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dfaircloth927
458 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD MEP & Inventor Fusion

I'm having some problems with inventor fusion and autocad mep.

I have a solid object that i would like to edit in inventor but i get the unknown command error when entering editinfusion

I went through the cuiload and loaded the cuix. file and now the icon editinfusion shows up on the ribbon. After selecting a solid object and clicking on the icon i get the same error message.

So i went to AutoCAD 2013 (not MEP) and did the same thing and it worked.

My question is, can MEP and fusion work with one another or does this strickly have to be AutoCAD and Fusion?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: dfaircloth927

You have standalone plain AutoCAD?
or simply start MEP "as AutoCAD"?
Message 3 of 4
dfaircloth927
in reply to: pendean

Yea sorry should have specified that.

I have building design suite standard.

AutoCAD English 2013, AutoCAD MEP 2013, AutoCAD Arch 2013, Inventor Fusion 2013, Etc.

It works in AutoCAD English 2013 but not in AutoCAD MEP 2013. I do all of my work in MEP 2013 because i work for an Electrical contractor so I use this to do coordination and detailing. However we are getting ready to start a prefab shop and talking with our prefab manager we will have equipment that will take objects from inventor and fab them for us. I would just draw it in inventor for the prefab shop but the last software i used that was close to inventor is solidworks and that was back in 2005. It would take some relearning where i already know how to make solid objects in MEP plus most of them i have to use during the coordination process so i was hoping i could go from MEP to inventor vs MEP to AutoCAD English to inventor fusion.

Thanks for the help.

Message 4 of 4
pothied
in reply to: dfaircloth927

It doesn't look like the plugin will work with AutoCAD MEP. It works with core AutoCAD and AutoCAD Mechanical but not MEP or Architecture. 

David Pothier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost