Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2012 freezes on open command.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
robertschrader
561 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2012 freezes on open command.

Freezes on open command. Literally takes 4 minutes for file folder to pop up. I am on a network of two computers. CAD folders on other computer but does this even when files on my hard drive

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

and if you disconnect your workstation from the network and open then the file-open-dialog, is it then open more quick?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6

Yes it is faster?but instead of 4 minutes?it still takes about 1 1/2 minutes.
?
One way around this I discovered is?if I go to the CAD?job folder?on the network using say windows explorer then click on the?.dwg file in the folder?then autocad opens and so does the .dwg? say in about 15 seconds.?Then I click on another .dwg in explorer file and it opens .dwg immediately within seconds(without opening autocad again). I can do this over and over opening numerous dwgs quickly. I go back and forth between explorer folder and autocad. Weird but it works.?Then I can access dwgs using autocad command window back and forth quickly between opened dwgs.
?
I'm on Ohio time so I'll look for your response later. It's dinner time now.??

Thanks so much,
Bob
Message 4 of 6

Hi,

if the start from Windows-explorer (using double click) is fast then I guess you have some issues with your network configuration or how one workstations/user is recognized from the other one. Do other software packages have the same time span, e.g. when you use word to open a doc from the other pc?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 6

I used word program as you suggested and it worked normal. I'm only having a problem with ACLT program. It's the only?program I use to access files on the other computer. The other computer is the CAD detailer's computer. My?ACLT?first froze up one recent morning when detailer's computer hard drive crashed. In addition, earlier that week AT&T switched us over to U-Verse line replacing our?DSL line. The replaced?our modem and router with their single unit that does both functions. I'm told U-Verse uses the same number for both gateway and dns addresses. I'm told this is a problem but my computer guy doesn't know how to fix it other than recommends switching to another provider. I'm convinced my problem is in ACLT because every other function works including printing between shared multiple printers(3).?

Thanks,
Bob

Thanks,
Bob

Robert J. Schrader, P.E., CFS Specialty Engineer, Metal Design Service, Inc.
8090 Market St., Suite 5, Boardman, Ohio 44512
(P)330-726-8266, (F)330-726-8259, (E)metaldesignservice@sbcglobal.net
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

>> froze up one recent morning when detailer's computer hard drive crashed

Was it necessary to reinstall anything on that workstation? If so there maybe one or more directories or files missing your AutoCAD LT is searching for.

>> AT&T switched us over to U-Verse line replacing

That points again to "something wrong with network settings".

If it's possible to have your 2 computers connected but you disconnect your network from internet try that:

• Disconnect your network from internet (from your modem)
  • Reboot both systems
  • Try the save-time issue again. If it's fast now then your DNS maybe setup wrong (problems finding local workstations faster than servers/ip-addresses in internet).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost