Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2010 Font TTF

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
nick1000000
3054 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD 2010 Font TTF

Hi,

I am looking for some help.  I installed two TTF font files into Windows-Fonts and AutoCAD fonts but only one of the files is showing up when I launch AutoCAD. I have tried re-installing the files and a message comes up telling me that they are already installed. Can anyone give me some advise on how to find the other one?  One is called Trade Gothic Bold Condensed and the other is called Trade Gothic Condensed.  Only TGC shows up.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: nick1000000

What types of TTF are they? Perhaps one is an OTF.
Message 3 of 7
nick1000000
in reply to: pendean

They are both TrueType font files.

Message 4 of 7
nick1000000
in reply to: pendean

I was digging around and found this (attached).  There are 2 different files but for some reason the font name is the same for both.  How do I fix this?

Message 5 of 7
jggerth1

The only place TTF files can be installed and used is in Windows Fonts - AutoCAD's fonts folder is only good for .shx files.

Do both versions show up in Control Panel | Font's applet?  What are the actual file names, (not the font names) ?

For that matter, in Control Panel Fonts, what does the Icon for the font look like?  A single sheet of paper, or stacked sheets?  Look at Arial for an example - Arial has multiple stacked sheets, and if you double-click on that icon, it expands to show multiple versions of Arial.  Arial Unicode MS Regular on the other hand, only has a single sheet icon, and double clicking on that shows the font display page you've already found.

IIRC the difference is a font family, multiple styles using multiple files under one name (Arial) vs a single font in a single .ttf file.  I suspect that what your two files are two members of a single family.  To show the bold, just select that property in the Mtext dialog.

Message 6 of 7
pendean

Nohing to fix if I understood you correctly: "bold" versions tend to be different font files in Windows.
Message 7 of 7
nick1000000

The font file only shows one page (attached Test Font 2).  I also took a screen shot of just using trade gothic condensed with bold selected and not selected (Test Font).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost