Did you mean: 

Attribute block problem

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
rajeshpatnaik2001
1820 Views, 7 Replies

Attribute block problem

Hi,

I have an attribute block and there are few inserts of this block in the drawing. I want to make the block bigger by redefining it, not by scaling the inserts.
So,
- I explode the block,
- scale all the objects inside the block by 2
- redefine the block

- then I type ATTSYNC command and select one block.

But i find that the attribute block inserts are not getting updated. Why?
I have attached the test dwg herewith.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi,

for what I can see, the definition of the block "TEST" looks equal to the insertions.

Are you sure that you are not struggling with annotation scale?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 8
pendean
in reply to: rajeshpatnaik2001

Try using REFEDIT or BEDIT commands to fix your block instead of the destructive explode method and see if that helps.
Message 4 of 8

Hi,

BEDIT and REFEDIT are not working. I tried it and scaled up the attribute texts inside block editor. But after saving and closing the block editor, the attribute text height did not increase.
May be this is a annotation scale problem, but how to increse the attribute text heights?

In fact i want to scale up the attribute blocks with out increasing the original scale factor.

thanks.

Message 5 of 8
pendean
in reply to: rajeshpatnaik2001

Is this a one time fix (doubling in size) or a permanent needed fix for all your files?

If it needs to happen in more than one file...
- WBLOCK out the block, give it a unique name, then open and edit the block and it's attributes with PROPERTIES command.
- INSERT the new block in the file using the OLDNAME=NEWNAME option to replace all instances of the old block or by just placing it in the file and using Express Tools' BLOCKREPLACE command.
- Now ATTSYNC by selecting a new block instance and all should be fixed.
Message 6 of 8
rajeshpatnaik2001
in reply to: pendean

Thanks Dean! It worked, but i had to change the annotative scale to that of the inserts in the drawing before inserting the WBLOCKed block.

I have several such blocks in a single file and there are several such files to fix. So, I want a faster way to fix this problem.

Is there any other faster way to fix this problem?

Message 7 of 8

As the block is annotative, can we add another annotation scale (1:200) ?

So that the block will be double on size.

Also another option is

while redefining the block in the block editor set annotative to NO.

And after exiting the block editor run ATTSYNC.

Then again set annotative to YES in the block editor.

Message 8 of 8

You can try with the free tools BatchInDatabase or BatchInEditor available to download from Autodesk Exchange Apps.

use the command block Replace with option shown in the below image

Block replace using BID.JPG

you adopt the method as detailed by Pendean.

1. Give a name of the block in find block name field

2. Select the option "insert whole external file as a block" option and browse to the drawing which you made the WBLOCK

3. Select the option of "Entire drawing" or Model

4. Select the option "Retain Attribute values only for matching Tags" to retrive the previous attribute values when replacing the blocks

5. add the command to all of your files which needs to be redefined by the new block

Give it a try and let us know how it is going.

AbubakarS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost