Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attext output file give a lot of extra empty values.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
BiØ
555 Views, 4 Replies

Attext output file give a lot of extra empty values.

Attext output file give a lot of extra empty values when template file include attributes from more than one block

The drawings I want to extract data from has two blocks with attributes. If I make the template file with attributes from both blocks, I get a lot of extra empty values. If I split the template file in two with the attributes from each block in each template file, the output file is OK.

A copy of the same attributs giving different number of values. (Block REV)

Two template files - 'REV','A','28.03.92','ISOLA','FS','SM','KJ'  (Block name + 6 att)

One template file - 'REV','','','','','','','','','','','','A','28.03.92','ISOLA','FS','SM','KJ'  (Block name + 17 att.)

How can I get a clean output file giving only the number of values the template file is asking for when the template file has attributes from two blocks?  I use ACAD 2010.

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
3wood
in reply to: BiØ

Can you upload a very simple drawing so we can test on it?

Message 3 of 5
BiØ
in reply to: 3wood

See enclosed drawing and template file.

Message 4 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: BiØ

Hi,

you have defined to output the blockname in the first column, then the attribute "TITT9" in the second column, attribute "TITT10" in the third column, ... all in your extraction template file ("EXTRACT_PSG.txt")

As the block named REV does not have that attributes "TITT9", "TITT10", .... it has to leave that columns free as it does not have any value for that columns.

To your wish: If you import that text-files from the attribute extraction into a database you don't want to have the value of attribute "REV1" in the column of "TITT9" I guess, at least that would create a lot of problems if you don't know what value in the outputfile represents what value/attribute in the block! 😉

So the only solution if you don't want to have emtpy columns is to have two extraction template files and do two extractions.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
BiØ
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

OK. It will extract all attributes from each block. Thanks for your help.
Birger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost