Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotative objects rotating -- NOT to match view

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
327 Views, 1 Reply

Annotative objects rotating -- NOT to match view

I have a simple annotative tag with a single attribute (say, a window tag). This tag is inserted in a block (say, a window) and that block is copied and rotated by 90 degrees. If I refedit the rotated block and add a new scale to the tag, on closing the block, the linework in the tag is rotated but the the attribute keeps its proper orientation within the window block.

We noticed this in our building elevations (which we draw around the plan so the elevation elements align with the plan) and I've attached here a couple screenshots and a much-simplified drawing that shows this happening. This is repeatable -- it always happens when a scale is added to the rotated block, using refedit rather than the block editor.

This happens in both AutoCAD 2011 and 2012, all service packs applied.

Is this a bug or are we doing something wrong? The simple answer is to use the block editor but most of us use refedit unless we are working with dynamic blocks.

Thanks,

Dan

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
vicentegoncalves
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello, Daniel

I've just tested your block and - as I imagined - had the same problem using REFEDIT in both AutoCAD 2016 and 2017.

After having many troubles like this during the last years I discovered that REFEDIT have some serious problems with attributes.

So, nowdays, I'm using block editor to edit dynamic blocks and the ones with attributes. The "simple" blocks I modify with REFEDIT.

Unfortunatelly I think you guys will have to use the block editor in these cases until they "fix this problem".

Hope it was helpful.

Regards,

Vicente G Wanderley

Autodesk Official Instructor ID# 33800
Autodesk Educator Expert
Revit Architecture Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost