AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Contributor
Lightcutter
Message 1 of 3 (134 Views)

Annotative Text and Multiple users

134 Views, 2 Replies
09-13-2011 05:55 AM

We have several users editing the same drawings at different times. Our drawings have multiple viewports at various scales, all with annotative text.

When a different user enters the drawing, even prior to editing anything, the annotative text is defaulting to a single column, or moving to a different location, as if it is being displayed with another scale. This is happening through all the viewports regardless of scale.

I have checked multiple machines and all seem to have the same settings for displaying annotative text.

All machines are using Acad 2011, and are fully updated, but one of the four machines accessing the drawings has Windows 7, the others are WinXP Professional, and of those three one is 64bit, the others 32bit.

The screen shot shows how the text is screwed up after another user opens the drawing.

*Pro
murray-clack
Message 2 of 3 (125 Views)

Re: Annotative Text and Multiple users

09-13-2011 06:27 AM in reply to: Lightcutter

I am wondering two things:

1. Check to see if the drawing is being saved DOWN to another format version (ie. 2011 -> 2007)

2. And/or, check the SAVEFIDELITY setting in both machines (try setting it to 1 in both machines)

The reason I say this is that the word-wrapping feature for Multilined text always got wonky for diffrent scales, and I am wondering if the drawing is getting saved down to 2007 or lower

Contributor
Lightcutter
Message 3 of 3 (113 Views)

Re: Annotative Text and Multiple users

09-13-2011 07:08 AM in reply to: murray-clack

I think the saving on one machine to 2007 is the problem. Thanks.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube