AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

gbarfield
Message 1 of 9 (235 Views)

Annotative Block

235 Views, 8 Replies
09-22-2011 05:51 AM

I'm having an issue with creating a column bubble block that would have an attribute and both be annotative.

I've created a 3/8" dia circle with 3/16" text and the text is NOT annotative.  The bottom of the circle is at 0,0 with the text justification at MC

I create the block of the circle and text and make it annotative and save

When I insert it into another drawing, the block inserts properly and scales as desired.  The issue is when inserted, I'm NOT given the option to fill in the column # attribute.  I can double click and enter text, but this should happen during insertion.  

When I create the block, if I do NOT select the attribute as part of the block, I am given the option for the attribute during insertion but it does not scale automatically.

What am I doing wrong?  I'm attaching my block as an example.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 9 (222 Views)

Re: Annotative Block

09-22-2011 07:08 AM in reply to: gbarfield

>>>...I'm NOT given the option to fill in the column # attribute...<<<

Are you needing to turn on ATTREQ variable?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
gbarfield
Message 3 of 9 (217 Views)

09-22-2011 07:17 AM in reply to: gbarfield

Thanks for your response.  No, it's already set to 1 which is what I want.

Maybe there is another way to accomplish this task and I'm making it harder than I should.  Bottom line, I want to be able to insert a column bubble into my drawing that will automatically scale to the proper size and allow me to fill in the attribute during insertion.  I can insert the current one we have but it's NOT annotative and we're trying to convert all of our standard blocks to annotative.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 9 (212 Views)

09-22-2011 07:52 AM in reply to: gbarfield

In the file you posted, I can insert that block all day long and it prompts for the Comun # every time: are you perhaps using some other method of insertion than the basic INSERT command? Perhaps a drag and drop from a TP or ADC?

gbarfield
Message 5 of 9 (207 Views)

09-22-2011 08:24 AM in reply to: gbarfield
No. Nothing special. Just using the insert command. When I insert it it just snaps to the location I select. That's it. Does the annotation scale seem to work with it as well?
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 6 of 9 (203 Views)

09-22-2011 08:54 AM in reply to: gbarfield

Your block works fine in both aspects: why is the insertion point in the lower quadrant, are you wanting to limit yourself to always having the circle on top (never left) of the column line?

gbarfield
Message 7 of 9 (200 Views)

09-22-2011 09:00 AM in reply to: pendean
Well, I was going to eventually have four of them, one for each quadrant but I'm sure there are other ways to do it. So when you insert it, it prompts you to fill in the attribute for the column bubble? The scaling works fine for me just no prompt. Any other suggestions?
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 8 of 9 (183 Views)

09-22-2011 11:48 AM in reply to: gbarfield

Works fine like the other 50 views of your post must have confirmed too: sorry, ran out of ideas at the moment.

Contributor
Santos1503
Message 9 of 9 (92 Views)

06-07-2012 07:59 AM in reply to: gbarfield

Why don't you make the block that works the way you want it to annotative?  To do that, at the dialog box that you get when you create a new block, pick the name of the block that is working correctly & then put a check in the box by Annotative.  That block is now redefined as annotative & should work the way you want it to.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube