AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Distinguished Contributor
mermerCAD
Message 1 of 3 (347 Views)

Annotation scale questions

347 Views, 2 Replies
07-25-2012 08:13 AM

Hi-

Now that I am writing this, I realize it may be a Civil3D question.  When I change my drawing scale in the "Drawing Settings" dialog box to 1"=40', for example.  The Annotative scale in the Properties Palette changes to 1"=40'_XREF.  Does anybody know this means?  Thanks in advance for your help!

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 3 (340 Views)

Re: Annotation scale questions

07-25-2012 09:51 AM in reply to: mermerCAD

Hi,

check with command _SCALELISTEDIT which scale-definitions you have and clean the ones that are not necessary (and hold the list as clean as possible).

The scales have a name and a scale-factor, the problem is there may be more scale-definitions with different names but same scale-factors. Now if you set to a new scale the problem is that some internal functions does not search for a scale with a specific name but for a scale with the same scale-factor (and just search for the first one, that may be the one with the wrong name).

Anyway, the only help is: clean it whenever possible.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
rahulpatil4489
Message 3 of 3 (166 Views)

what is the difference betwwen Annotative text & standard text

02-03-2013 11:05 PM in reply to: mermerCAD

what is the difference betwwen Annotative text & standard text

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.