AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Valued Contributor
Simon_Weel
Message 1 of 3 (304 Views)

Annotation scale in Block editor

304 Views, 2 Replies
09-17-2009 02:03 AM
When I open a block in the Block editor, the annotationscale seems to switch to a random scale. When I set the correct annotationscale, save the block and reopen it, again the random scale is active.
Is there a way to permanently set the annotationscale for a block?

Simon Weel
*Expert Elite*
tcorey
Message 2 of 3 (304 Views)

Re: Annotation scale in Block editor

09-17-2009 06:35 PM in reply to: Simon_Weel
Simon, are you talking about the annotative scale attached to the text objects that are within the block or the annotative scale attached to the block itself?

Tim Corey
Tim Corey, Owner
Delta Engineering Systems
Redding, CA
Autodesk Authorized Value-Added Reseller
Distinguished Contributor
simon.weel
Message 3 of 3 (304 Views)

Re: Annotation scale in Block editor

09-18-2009 04:02 AM in reply to: Simon_Weel
Neither. Lets say the drawing is set at annotationscale 1:50. In this drawing, I open a dynamic block, so I'm switched to the block editor window. In this window, the annotationscale is set to, what seems to be, a random scale. In this case 1:1000, which makes all annotative objects fill the screen. I set the annotationscale back to 1:50 and everything is normal. Close the blockeditor, saving the changes. I reopen the same block in the blockeditor and once again, the annotationscale is set at 1:1000.

I seems logic to me for the blockeditor window to use the current drawing scalefactor, but apparantly it's not?

Simon Weel

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube