Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All tool palettes insert exact same block

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
israeljclark
746 Views, 4 Replies

All tool palettes insert exact same block

I have 9 Windows 7 computers running Autocad 2012 but am only seeing this problem on one machine. A few weeks back it started inserting one particular block whenever the user tried to insert any block from any tool palette. I have had the problem regardless of new or old drawing file. I have tried purging, installation repair and clean reinstall to no avail. Anybody have ideas?
Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: israeljclark

right-click on a few of the items in your TP, select PROPERTIES and confirm they are supposed to INSERT different blocks or not.
Message 3 of 5
dmfrazier
in reply to: israeljclark

I recall seeing some very similar posts within the last few months (maybe years).  I don't recall seeing that any of them were ever resolved. If you are a Subscription customer, this is definitely one you should create a technical support case for.  (I just realized that being "non-current", this is probably not an option for you.) 

If repair or re-install had no effect, you might try repairing and/or unistalling/re-installing .Net framework stuff.  (I'll leave the details for that to others who are more qualified than me.)

Message 4 of 5
israeljclark
in reply to: pendean

Unfortunately all the paths are correct and regardless of the drawing path, it always pulls this one block in. Otherwise, it obeys the rules set in the tool properties such as auto-rotation, size and layer.
Message 5 of 5
israeljclark
in reply to: dmfrazier

I found a few of those other cases that were a few years old. We are under subscription so I'll try that too. Thanks of the suggestion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost