AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Valued Contributor
tvcad
Message 1 of 2 (262 Views)

Acad Doesn’t Like Viewing This Block from the Right Side

262 Views, 1 Replies
02-19-2013 12:12 PM

Sharing mainly FYI, and thinking maybe someone here can explain it? Posted this issue originally here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2011/SLOW-Regen-when-Viewing-from-the-Right/td-p/3749238 The problem was that mysteriously, Acad began to choke when trying to view my model from the right, and I’ve finally tracked down the culprit (attached).

When this block is in a drawing, even by itself, and on a thawed layer, it views quickly from every possible vantage point, except the right ortho side, where regen takes about a minute. Nothing special about the block, as it is one of 60 or so in a similarly created library, and the others view fine. Also weird, is that when the problem block is exploded, it then views quickly from the right.

Again, not a rush issue, as I’ve isolated it. Just a curiosity... and it may be helpful for others with a like problem, to chase offensive blocks, rather than chasing drawing or system settings?

*Pro
ampster
Message 2 of 2 (245 Views)

Re: Acad Doesn’t Like Viewing This Block from the Right Side

02-19-2013 01:09 PM in reply to: tvcad

confirmed...

weird!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube