AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Distinguished Contributor
JIMDONALDSON6595
Message 1 of 4 (518 Views)
Accepted Solution

ARRAY

518 Views, 3 Replies
07-22-2011 09:24 AM

I've just wasted 30 minutes trying to use the new cmd line array and another 30 looking for a fix in this forum. Does anyone know where I can send a bill to Autodesk for wasting my time for removing a perfectly good dialog that was originally a wish list item?

I can no longer attend any Autodesk functions. I want to physically hurt everyone involved with a company that releases a yearly product that no longer considers its customers.

Jim

*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 2 of 4 (517 Views)

Re: ARRAY

07-22-2011 09:28 AM in reply to: JIMDONALDSON6595

Why physically, do the financially, don't update :smileyvery-happy:

*Expert Elite*
ToanDN
Message 3 of 4 (500 Views)
Distinguished Contributor
JIMDONALDSON6595
Message 4 of 4 (459 Views)

Re: ARRAY

07-25-2011 06:11 AM in reply to: ToanDN

Woo-Hoo thank you very much for that link. My own searches had turned up a couple of answers that contained third party add-ons. Very nice but maid me mad to have to pay for a fix of an Autocrat command that has worked fine for years.

And I wish to thank Kamers Bart for posting his fix. Basically:

If you have a previous acad version (I used my acad 2011 version) there is a simple solution...:smileyhappy:

Just copy AcArray.arx and AcArrayRes.dll  from a previous release and copy them to your acad 2012 folder, replacing the new ones. (for save reasons first backup the original 2 acad 2012 files..).

Normally you'll find the files in this folder C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2012 - English.

Launch acad 2012.

In the command line just type array and your "old window style" will return.

If your an advanced user, just make a button for it or remap the arrayrect to array.

I'll admit some of the new features of the array command looked interesting, but loosing the dialog box was not worth it. And very bad implementation.

Jim

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube