AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

johnsemanko6498
Message 1 of 7 (289 Views)
Accepted Solution

ACAD 2012 not getting button input from MX Revolution all of a sudden

289 Views, 6 Replies
09-16-2011 04:25 AM

Good morning,

I have buttons set up for escape, undo, close and osnap on my Logitech MX Revolution(the standard left and right mouse buttons, pushing down on the scroll wheel for middle & the scroll wheel for zoom still work).

Something happened between Wednesday(9-14) Night and Thursday(9-15) morning and my Autocad 2012 will no longer accept these inputs.  

Here are some things I have tried:

-There were some windows updates that installed Thursday morning so I tried doing a system restore back 3 days ago but it didn't fix the problem

-uninstalling and reinstalling the Logitech drivers

-installing an older version of the Logitech Drivers

-deleting the MEP2012 folders in my local and roaming folders

-"reset settings to default" in the start menu

-uninstalling and reinstalling Autocad MEP 2012 still nothing 

These buttons are still working properly in Navisworks Manage 2012.

I have taken my mouse over to another co-workers computer and it works fine.  

I can open up Autocad MEP 2011 and it works perfect, but go back to 2012 and nothing happens when I push the buttons.  Its killing my productivity.   

Does anyone know of any settings I can reset or anything else I can try? 

On another note, starting Thursday(9-15) morning after a restart of my computer autocad no longer recognizes our network drives.  I can open and see them in windows explorer but they don’t show up in autocad.  If i try to browse to a file and double click on it to open autocad loads up but then "says file not found".  The only solution to this that I have been able to get to work is disconnecting one of the drives and mapping it again, then they all show up in autocad.  

Thanks for any help,

John

Windows 7 64bit

Intel COre i7 X920

12Gb Ram

*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 2 of 7 (278 Views)

Re: ACAD 2012 not getting button input from MX Revolution all of a sudden

09-16-2011 06:28 AM in reply to: johnsemanko6498

Compare all .CUIX with the other PC to see if the size of the file is different ?

Might try using theirs (Wouldn't hurt to test)

johnsemanko6498
Message 3 of 7 (275 Views)

09-16-2011 06:49 AM in reply to: Patchy

I compared them, they were a little different.

I backed up mine and tried using his from program files and users/appdata but it didnt have any effect.

Thanks for trying.

-John

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 7 (271 Views)

09-16-2011 06:58 AM in reply to: johnsemanko6498

Mouse driver setting changes most likely for your primary issue: but your secondary issue is of concern too, it would appear your Windows log-in credentials or your AutoCAD Profile has been tweaked? Have you rolled back Windows updates yet, to a day or better yet a week it all worked?

Backup your customizations, remove and reinstall AutoCAD per Autodesk's recommendations: I would resist reloading your AutoCAD profile and only test OOTB until all issues are gone.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
johnsemanko6498
Message 5 of 7 (265 Views)

09-16-2011 07:09 AM in reply to: pendean

I don't know if it is the mouse driver, I am currently using autocad 2011 now since 2012 is messed up and everything is working properly.

I did roll back the system to before the most recent batch of windows updates but it had no effect.

I uninstalled&reinstalled Autocad 2012 yesterday and tried running it fresh after installation was complete before any profiles were imported, but it still wasn't working.

I will try doing the clean uninstall where you edit the registry and report back.

Thanks,

John

johnsemanko6498
Message 6 of 7 (258 Views)

09-16-2011 08:57 AM in reply to: johnsemanko6498

I did the clean uninstall and reinstall and running it straight OOTB it still isnt working.

Thanks though,

John

johnsemanko6498
Message 7 of 7 (238 Views)

09-19-2011 08:54 AM in reply to: johnsemanko6498

I seem to have figured out the problem, a long time ago(like March) I had set Autocad to run as administrator, something in one of the recent windows updates must have not liked that because once i turned that off, my mouse started working just fine again.  

Thanks,

John

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube