AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Contributor
Iraklis2009
Message 1 of 3 (535 Views)

3D Offset or Scale or Extend???

535 Views, 2 Replies
02-20-2012 09:37 AM

Hi,

I have a rectangle shape (a 3D polyline) as in the attached DWG. I want to Offset, Scale, Extend (call it whaever you wish) so that the new 3D polyline (after the scale, offset or extend) is at the same plane as the original one.

Obviously the Z values of the new 3D polyline will be different from the original.

Thanks!

*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 2 of 3 (526 Views)

Re: 3D Offset or Scale or Extend???

02-20-2012 11:42 AM in reply to: Iraklis2009

The old trick, turn it into a block, insert x,y,z independently.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 3 of 3 (524 Views)

Re: 3D Offset or Scale or Extend???

02-20-2012 11:50 AM in reply to: Iraklis2009

Hi,

there is no offset-method within AutoCAD working on 3D-polylines, the chances I see (asuming that there is a realistic situation in the attached drawing):

a) as long as the geometry is flat you can create a UCS by 3 points from you 3D-poly, next set the view parallel to the UCS and start command _BOUNDARY ==> here you get a standard polyline that can be offseted.

b) you use Civil3D, so you have the chance to use the grading-tools, offset as distance without a slope.

HTH, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube