AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Valued Contributor
dmeldrum
Message 1 of 6 (263 Views)

2012 crash applying changes to dims style values dialogue box

263 Views, 5 Replies
03-14-2013 07:12 AM

This issue is reducing me to tears.

When i attempt to change any value of any dimension style, i am no longer given the 'Ok' option to finish and close the dialogue box. Instead i get an error code and cad goes **** up.

Has anyone else had this problem? I recall that it arose when using civil 3D 2013 (which i've since uninstalled) and has continued into AutoCAD 2012 (installed post civil 3D 2013 uninstall).

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Duncan

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 6 (258 Views)

Re: 2012 crash applying changes to dims style values dialogue box

03-14-2013 07:33 AM in reply to: dmeldrum

Hi,

>> Instead i get an error code

What error message do you get? Can you make a screenshot of this message + the dialog with the missing OK-button?

The common questions to crashes:

• what are your system specs, especially operating system and graphiccard
  • does this problem appear in some or in all drawings, even in new ones based on default AutoCAD-templates?
  • have you installed the latest AutoCAD service packs?

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Valued Contributor
dmeldrum
Message 3 of 6 (254 Views)

03-14-2013 07:48 AM in reply to: dmeldrum

Hi Albert,

Thank you for your reply.

I've discovered that unistalling the VBA enabler has done the trick.

Regards

Duncan

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 6 (238 Views)

03-14-2013 09:14 AM in reply to: dmeldrum

Hi,

thank you for your feedback!

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
mike.canova
Message 5 of 6 (168 Views)

09-18-2013 03:23 PM in reply to: dmeldrum

I'm having this same problem with all dwgs (crashes on DIMSTYLE edits) prior to uninstalling VBA_Enabler. I could no longer modify dimstyles. Also "** Undefined shape <different numbers>" hundreds of times, fonts wouldn't work period. AutoCAD 2012 has never worked well on this computer (i7 3770, 16Gb RAM, tried 2 different video cards - formerly Quadro 600, currently FirePro W7000, which does not have certified ACAD drivers, but works great with Inventor and PDMS on 3 monitors).

And when I edit text, it disappears. When I finish editing it, it sometimes comes back, but when it doesn't, even undo won't get it back.

I don't know what's changed that would cause this now, unless it's a virus. We use ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 (Business Edition). I have VBA code that I really need regularly.

I had so many problems with ACAD Mechanical 2012 that I resorted to using ACAD 2012, but both have these current problems with VBA Enabler. It's hard to believe that a company like Autodesk would settle for quality like this. AutoCAD 12 and 14 always worked much better. Could be they're just chasing dollars.

So my question is, can I use VBA, and still annotate in AutoCAD?

Thank you!

*Expert Elite*
JGerth
Message 6 of 6 (160 Views)

09-19-2013 06:30 AM in reply to: mike.canova

short answer?  evidently that would be a 'no'.

VBA is a dead horse, & and has been fior a few years now.  Even when it does run, it will slow down the machine drastically.  Anything important you are running that is coded in VBA needs to be re-written using a working language that's still supported.  creating a dotNet .DLL, LISP are options, or you could look into OpenDCL.  Lots of choices, but they all require dumping VBA and using something else.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube