AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

afabrady
Message 1 of 2 (211 Views)

2012 Crashes when saving to earlier version

211 Views, 1 Replies
02-07-2012 07:00 AM

Is anybody having trouble with AutoCAD 2012 when saving to earlier versions? I can't save it down to any other version except for 2012, without the system crashing completely.

Also, from time to time we get the crash when editing MText.

So far 2012 is very unstable for us here, and are hoping for any help.

Bryan

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 2 (188 Views)

Re: 2012 Crashes when saving to earlier version

02-12-2012 01:32 PM in reply to: afabrady

Hi,

Just a few questions to start:

• do you have a plane AutoCAD or are you running any vertical product like ACA or Civil3D or ....?
  • Are you running any application on top of AutoCAD? If so try to create an AutoCAD-profile that does not load the application and do a _SAVEAS once more.
  • Did you try it with a new drawing (starting with an original AutoCAD-template), or does the error only occure on your drawings?
  • Have you tried the saving with typing this command _,SAVEAS (including leading underscore and dot!)
  • Have you checked you are up-to-date with the service-packs?

And last but not least, can you give us the full/exact message you get when AutoCAD crashes?

For me I can say I don't have troubles saving back to older DWG-versions. And problems may raise up on saving when you have tools/applications loaded or your drawings contains applications-specific objects (proxies) ... in that case one of your drawings would be interesting to see (upload one here, where you are able to reproduce the crashes).

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube