Edited by: cadboy3 on Jun 2, 2010 9:32 AM Edited by: cadboy3 on Jun 2, 2010 9:33 AM
Solved! - seemingly.
In the 'Publish' dialogue box...
...under 'Publish to' (upper left corner) -> select "PDF" if it is an option. This will bring up the file name and save location prompt when you publish.
I had a similar problem when publishing a multi-sheet DWF. I have found that when I leave the 'Publish to' field as 'Plotter named in page setup', the name and location prompt does not come up when I publish.
As a general rule - always remember that:
1) if you want to publish a multi-sheet DWF - the publishcollate system variable must be set to 1. The single-sheet / multi-sheet seeting in the 'Sheet Set Publish Options' dialogue box will not override this system variable.
2) ...likewise...if you want to publish a single-sheet DWF - the publishcollate system variable must be set to 0.
3) 'Prompt for name' only seems to work if you 'Publish to' any other option except 'Plotter named in page setup'.
4) In the sheet list of the Publish Dialogue box, using 'Psge Steup' "<Default: None>" will use the plot settings of each individual sheet, BUT, publish them as the format you selected in the 'Publish to' selection you made in the upper left corner.
5) Changing the 'Page setup' to something else will overide the sheet's current plot settings to use what you have specified here, BUT, publish them as the format you selected in the 'Publish to' selection you made in the upper left corner.
Hope this is all clear. And by the way - all the above settings are pertaining to the Publish dialogue box.
Thanks mate. but unfortunately i tried changing it to PDF. trying to publish one sheet results in no file saving prompt. it just stores it in the location specified. regardless of the combination of settings it seems. We don't use DWF.
I'd like to give this thread a bump. Having the same issue in AutoCAD Architecture 2012. Any solutions? I'd settle for a reason why we don't get the option to prompt for file name when creatign a one sheet PDF.
I'm using ACA 2012 and have been for quite some time. I had no problems until this week. Now I have the same publish issue described. It's been working fine until over the holiday weekend something changed???
I am having a similar situation where everything was working fine until last week. Now, when using page setup overrides from sheet set, there is seemingly no way to prompt for a save location or name once the PDF is created.