I have the same problem since i got my Lenovo W520 Win7 (Sep 2011) it comes with a Nvidia Quadro 1000M. I've tried both Lenovo drivers and Nvidia drives, also updated my bios, reinstalled DirectX and disabling Aero and no luck. What's funny about this it works fine in AutoCAD 2010, I have both installed. I've not had a chance to install 2013 so i don't know if it does the same thing.
The only thing that worked for me is changing your windows visual to 'Windows Classic"
I'm having the same problems since I bought the laptop, over a year ago. Still no valuable fix by intel, nvidia or autodesk. Pfff
OS: Windows 7 64bit
graphics: intel HD integrated + Nvidia Quadro NVS 4200
The only thing that works for me(without the intel graphics to stop responding) is degrading my windows theme to the classic theme (windows 98 look i think) But the reason why this works is that the intel graphics dont have anything else to do, so they can focus on autocad. But still I don't want the stupid intel graphics to do my autocad, I want the Nvidia graphics to do that! Because that is the only reason why I upgraded to nvidia. What a waist of money! I hope a fix comes soon.
1. Go to Device Manager
2. Find and Select "Intel (R) HD Graphics 3000" which is under the root Display adapters.
3. Click "Update Driver Software" from the toolbar
4. Choose "Search automatically for updated driver software". Then the Intel driver will be updated through online.
5. Restart your system.
- This just works for my system, ASUS N53SV, Win7, 64bit
- You can work back in glossy transparent Aero theme, without any problem.
- Notificatoin message was just right. The problem was only the "Intel Graphics Driver" should be updated.
- Please spread and let the people having same problem know.
i have the same prob with you guys...
with my samsung i7; intel HD graphics 3000, invdia GT 520
when we possibly we can have answer to this prob? hmmmm
but it does better when i changed the windows theme to BASIC
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.