Help - I've been trying to install AutoCAD 2010 on a Windows XP (SP3) PC without success. When entering the correct serial number & key it refuses to get as far as the options screen, when installing as a trial it proceeds to install, but on loading the program crashes out. AutoCAD 2008 will install and run on this PC and the same AutoCAD 2010 software will install on another similar pc, so I know the media's ok, and I'm administrator on both. I've researched past threads and the KB and so far I've tried :-
1. Clean install, vigourously removing every last trace of any previous installs.
2. Uninstalling & reinstalling .NET, including attempting to allow AutoCAD to reinstall it.
3. Re-registering and then when that made no difference, reinstalling the Windows installer.
4. Disabling anti virus & anti spyware (it installed on the other pc anyway which has the same AV)
5. Running selective startup and disabling all but essential items.
6. Verbose logging. Nothing jumped out at me as obvious, but there's a lot of stuff in there that makes no sense to me.
I'm at my wits end with no leads to follow up, but it appears to me that AutoCAD 2010 has highlighted a fault in my computer that doesn't seem to effect any of my other software.
I'd be gratewful for any help or other things I could investigate.