AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Contributor
allreal
Message 1 of 5 (789 Views)

viewport not printing

789 Views, 4 Replies
03-02-2012 07:02 AM

hi -

one of my plan sheets has two viewports. although both show on the screen and all are on the same layer, only one viewport is printing

my IT person has not been able to help

I've deleted then recreated the viewport several times now but it still does not print

any help/guidance would be appreciated

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 5 (778 Views)

Re: viewport not printing

03-02-2012 08:16 AM in reply to: allreal

Copy the one working viewport, then go inside it and navigate to the other content: does the second one still not print?

Try recreating both viewports in another layout, preferably a new one: does one of them fail?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Contributor
allreal
Message 3 of 5 (773 Views)

03-02-2012 08:35 AM in reply to: allreal

hi pendean -

I tried to do both "methods" that you suggested:

1. I deleted the problematic viewport, then copied the one that is working - the copied viewport does not print

2. I created a new file, then copied both of the "objects" and created a new layout with new viewports - the one viewport still does not print

I am at a loss

*Pro
nestly
Message 4 of 5 (769 Views)

03-02-2012 09:35 AM in reply to: allreal

Upload the "new" drawing here so we can have a look.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 5 of 5 (763 Views)

03-02-2012 10:21 AM in reply to: allreal

I asked that you recreate the two viewports in a new Layout, not copy them. Try again.

Also, are both viewports looking at the same exact modelspace content, or different areas?

What if they displayed the same exact content, does one not plot?

Final test: INSERT the file into a blank new file, click on a new layout and manually recreate both viewports: does the problem go away?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube