Did you mean: 

scaling

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
bkurapika
861 Views, 4 Replies

scaling

i am trying to print a drawing in lay-out. But im troubled about the scaling thing.
my unit in model is in meter. (1:100), what scale can i use in lay-out tab just so when i print its still 1:100. .or is it a problem in "plot scale" when i plot it?

any suggestion on how to do it the other way?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
imadHabash
in reply to: bkurapika

when you plot from layouts,your veiwports must have the certain and proper scales you need.

you have to go inside to your VP and set the (Zoom-Scale) factor to 100xp for scale1/100.(METER UNITS ).

Then you can plot it by set the proper scale unit from plot dialogue(0.10).

i hope it's help.

Message 3 of 5
bkurapika
in reply to: imadHabash

i already tried that,

i attached a file, if it doesn't bother you much would you be so kind to please see the drawing?

i wanted to make the whole drawing visible on one sheet (A4) on a particular scale (if it isn't possible to keep the 1:100 scale).

what scale should i use?

its just that i'm not used in printing on layout.

thank you.

Message 4 of 5
imadHabash
in reply to: bkurapika

I found that your CAD drawing units are in Inch,i think that it's important to set your units from the beginnig
to your exact need units and here in our case Meters is your need. use (_DWGUNITS)command to do that.

any way, resize your viewport limit to fit your paper size(A1) see attached Resize.pdf file.

when you do that you will successfully reached to your need see attached FOR LAY-OUT-floor plan.pdf file .

For any more help,don't hesitate to ask.

Message 5 of 5
bkurapika
in reply to: imadHabash

the command helped.

but i'm still on it. .thanks anyway!.

🙂

i'm halfway there.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost