AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Message 1 of 3 (404 Views)
Accepted Solution

repeat command line text

404 Views, 2 Replies
03-13-2012 03:46 AM

My second problem today, one of these days I guess.

Does anyone know how to change the feature that lets you repeat the text that was typed into your command line. In previous jobs I have been able to use the up and down arrows on the keyboard to scroll through text or commands that I have typed in (i.e the position and angle of a line, @254<35). On this PC that I am using when i try to get a repeat command text I only get a set of co-ordinates or no text at all.

Is there a parameter that has to be set to obtain the repeat text?

*Pro
nestly
Message 2 of 3 (400 Views)

Re: repeat command line text

03-13-2012 04:43 AM in reply to: Glengoyne

Look up INPUTHISTORYMODE in the help files. Basically, it has to be an even number to have the old behavior, but be aware that using an even number also disables the ability to use the "down arrow" to access the menu of command options.

INPUTHISTORYMODE.png

Message 3 of 3 (376 Views)

Re: repeat command line text

03-22-2012 06:02 AM in reply to: nestly

That did the trick. Thank you.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube