AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Jbrauer
Message 1 of 2 (75 Views)

problems with icons when migating mnu to cui

75 Views, 1 Replies
10-23-2008 02:11 AM
I have a problem when i migrate my Acad2005 MNU file to Acad2009 CUI.

- hard to explain the problem -

In the MNU file I use the iconA0.bmp ... to iconA4.bmp as icons for paper-setup scripts.

When migratet til CUI the script is correct and are working, the icon name are correct and the path point at the correct folder - But in AutoCAD only the iconA3 is shown for all icons.

When I edit the CUI file and change one of the wrong icons to something new - ALL the wrong icons change to the new icon.

what do I wrong
Distinguished Contributor
mwgrutter
Message 2 of 2 (75 Views)

Re: problems with icons when migating mnu to cui

10-23-2008 10:12 AM in reply to: Jbrauer

I had the same (or similar) problem when migrating to 2006 (original version to use the CUI interface).

The MNU/MNS text files required different formatting of path names than the CUI editor. Those formats were not automatically adjusted by the editor during conversion to CUI.

After F-ing around for days trying to correct the path statements, I finally just removed the paths from the image lines in each command, placed all custom Icon files in one place and called that location in the Support Paths in OPTIONS>Files.

Haven't had a problem since.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael Grutter
Cedar Engineering and Design Service
http://www.cedarengineering.com

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube