AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Message 1 of 9 (5,652 Views)

polyline looks "hollow" instead of solid

5652 Views, 8 Replies
02-26-2010 01:49 AM
Hi,

Tyring to pur a dashed line on a drawing. On some drawings it works fine, and looks like a dashed line of width 10 with a solid colour filling the full width of the line.

However, on some drawings the very same procedure leaves me with a polyline that is not filled wioth colour, and I just have the outline of the line shown. When this happens, the line looks fine on layout space, but I would like it to look right in model space too.

Any reason why the line behaves differently on different drawings, and any suggestions as to how I can get it to be a solid colour instead of just an outline?

Thanks,

Wayne
*Dean Saadallah
Message 2 of 9 (5,652 Views)

Re: polyline looks "hollow" instead of solid

02-26-2010 05:22 AM in reply to: waynesurvey
FILL variable
SHADEMODE to set to 2D
viewport has Hide turned on.

Rotated UCS.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
cday7845
Message 3 of 9 (4,958 Views)

11-30-2011 03:34 PM in reply to: waynesurvey

I have the same problem. 

FILL is set to "1". 

SHADEMODE is set to "2D wireframe" (I am not using 3D for this drawing)

Viewport is not hidden. 

However, I have changed the UCS.  How does one correct this problem with a rotated UCS?

thanks!

Cara

*Expert Elite*
JGerth
Message 4 of 9 (4,925 Views)

12-07-2011 07:41 AM in reply to: cday7845

do not use wide plines to represent line thickness, use lineweight property instead.  Or create the plines in plan view only.

*Expert Elite*
LeafRiders
Message 5 of 9 (4,576 Views)

07-04-2012 08:52 AM in reply to: JGerth

I tried everything from multiple posts. SHADEMODE set to 2D was the 1 setting that changed it. Mind you FILLMODE is set to 1, and UCS - World, PLAN - World... were the other settings. Why do some people just change random things at random times, just leave normal alone or go paint on a canvas. :smileywink:

Message 6 of 9 (4,158 Views)

11-27-2012 11:31 AM in reply to: waynesurvey
Spoiler

I recently had the same issue but discovered it when I exploded a leader line. The arrow head lost it's fill but was still a solid. All the appropriate settings were correct. What solved the "Hollow" polyline and the arrow head issue was...from the VIEW pulldown----3d views----Top view. For whatever reason someone had changed the view of the drawing I was working on. Hope this helps.

Ray

Message 7 of 9 (4,110 Views)

12-05-2012 02:15 PM in reply to: ray.kuras
I have had this happen a couple times to me and what I have found is that you are out of plane with the plan view. If you type plan to reset the view that has fixed it for me.
Message 8 of 9 (2,342 Views)

09-19-2013 01:36 PM in reply to: JGerth

I believe the OP was looking for the answer to a specific question, not your opinion of proper drawing teqnique.

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 9 of 9 (2,324 Views)

09-20-2013 05:15 AM in reply to: bmkikstra

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Yea; probably hard to tell exactly what the OP wanted three years ago.

I'm pretty sure there are those who would tell you to do it with Plotstyles as well.

And then you get into the whol CTB / STB controversy. This could be ong thread when all is said and done. :smileywink:

Thanks for chiming in!

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube