AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Valued Contributor
maguire
Message 1 of 5 (76 Views)

cui changes not holding

76 Views, 4 Replies
11-05-2007 11:33 AM
I've customized my Object Snap Cursor Menu settings in my cui and have the snap popup box set to popup when I click my middle mouse button.

When I finished customizing my cui and saved, if I hit my middle mouse button, my customized snaps box showed up fine.

When I opened a new drawing and clicked my middle mouse button, my snap box showed up as the un-customized snap box (original snap box).

If I go into my cui and make any little change to anything, then save the cui, if I click my middle mouse button my customized snap box shows up correct again and will stay that way until I open another drawing, in which case I'll have to go into my cui again and make some kind of change (like add an extra letter to a command name) and save, then my snap box will be correct again.

Anyone have any idea why I'm having this problem or why my customized object snap cursor menu setting will not show up correctly unless I make the cui re-write itself everytime I open a new drawing?
*ddpcad
Message 2 of 5 (76 Views)

Re: cui changes not holding

11-05-2007 11:54 AM in reply to: maguire
maguire wrote:
> I've customized my Object Snap Cursor Menu settings in my cui and have the snap popup box set to popup when I click my middle mouse button.
>
> When I finished customizing my cui and saved, if I hit my middle mouse button, my customized snaps box showed up fine.
>
> When I opened a new drawing and clicked my middle mouse button, my snap box showed up as the un-customized snap box (original snap box).
>
> If I go into my cui and make any little change to anything, then save the cui, if I click my middle mouse button my customized snap box shows up correct again and will stay that way until I open another drawing, in which case I'll have to go into my cui again and make some kind of change (like add an extra letter to a command name) and save, then my snap box will be correct again.
>
> Anyone have any idea why I'm having this problem or why my customized object snap cursor menu setting will not show up correctly unless I make the cui re-write itself everytime I open a new drawing?

just a guess: save your WorkSpace after modifying the CUI ?
Valued Contributor
maguire
Message 3 of 5 (76 Views)

11-05-2007 12:32 PM in reply to: maguire
Thanks for your reply, but I already tried that but it made no difference.
Distinguished Contributor
erickson123
Message 4 of 5 (76 Views)

11-05-2007 02:51 PM in reply to: maguire
I've had this same thing happen to me....on mine what happens is that I use a Land.cui as my main....but my middle key changes randomly to my Acad.cui, which is loaded as partical. So what I did is put the same middle key stuff in both cui's and when it changes it doesn't matter....I can tell when it changes because one of the icons goes to a cloud....

Let me know if that fixes it...
Lynn
Valued Contributor
maguire
Message 5 of 5 (76 Views)

11-06-2007 05:04 AM in reply to: maguire
That did the trick!

Thanks so much

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube