Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto switch to read only

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
343 Views, 4 Replies

auto switch to read only

While I am drawing, I try to save about ever 5 min or so. But sometimes I can save and it fine, other times I do a save and it tells me that its read-only. I have to do a "save as" and rename the file. Why? How do I fix it?

I have another problem, the model/layout tabs on the bottom left of the drawing area disappear. I looked in page set-up and the show model/layout tab box is checked. I tried the right click on the quick view layout, to show tabs. But that doesn't work either. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help,

sblue0429

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

1. How do you open your files to begin with and where are they kept? Hardrive? Flash Drive? Network?

2. Is this something new? Did you change monitors or screen resolution?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

1. I start a new drawing in the QNEW and do a save as. It will start out ok. Then in the middle of drawing, it will change to read-only or I will lose my tabs. But it doesn't always happen.

2. I have a new monitor but it did it before I got the new monitor. I didn't change any settings.

Sally Blue
Design Technician
VNE Corporation
Tel: 608-756-4930
800-356-1111
Fax: 608-756-3643
sblue@vnecorp.com
www.vnestainless.com
[VNE][MaxPure.jpg][cid:image003.png@01CE62A7.CA5631B0]
Message 4 of 5
Charles_Shade

Obviously changing to Read-Only is a problem if it is happening at random. You did not answer if you are saving to a Harddrive or some other media.

What is your OS? Win XP or Win 7?

Any third party programs running with CAD? Unless you can find a trigger for these happenings there will only be random guesses as to a cure.

Message 5 of 5
pendean

So this is a new problem? None of the autocad versions for this forum are new, so what is new or different other than the monitor?
Are you saving to a new location to? or A Server? or local PC?
PC specs? OS? Video Card?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost