Did you mean: 

acad Crashing on printing

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
453 Views, 4 Replies

acad Crashing on printing

Hi, I have ACAD 2008 on windows XP Pro. I have one file that crashes CAD when I try to print. It was working fine the other day but has just started crashing. Have tried other files and they print OK.  I have copied and pasted into a new drawing but still no good. I have attached a JPG of the error message. I have also tried only pasting a small part of the original drawing into a new drawing but still no good.

Hope you can help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Start a template file.
Plot successfully from it.
Now INSERT your problem file.
Run AUDIT (answer yes to question) then PURGE several times.
QSAVE the new file.
PLOT without changing any settings: still crashes?
Message 3 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

open the drawing with command _REVOVER (or if it contains XRef's then with command _RECOVERALL), so if there are errors in the drawing database they get cleaned.

Next option is to run command _WBLOCK from this defect drawing and create a new drawing then, after that open the new drawing and try plot again.

And if all that fails try to plot the drawing using another plotstyle and another plotdriver (e.g. "DWF6 ePlot.pc3") just to make sure it's not depending on one of those settings.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thanks Dean, that appears to have fixed it. I purged the drawing before copying it into the new template file. After copying and pasting I ran purge again and found more items to purge! Once these were deleted it printed perfectly.
Many thanks.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi Alfed, Thanks for the tip. I tried this but I still got the fatal error. Perhaps if I had purged the file again I would have found other items to delete (see my comments to Dean).
Many thanks for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost