Zoom Extents

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
teflon
1991 Views, 12 Replies

Zoom Extents

Zoom Extents works only in Wireframe.

For Conceptual, Hidden, Realistic and all other styles the objects disappear out zoomed in upper right corner.

Why?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: teflon

Hi There,

Are you using the "Double click on the mouse wheel" action or are you using the command in your Navigation Bar?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 13
teflon

Hi!

I use both and the result is the same.

Then I have to hit the HOME icon on the upper rigth corner in order to get my object back in zoom.

Or I have to change to 2D wireframe and run "Z" or double click.

Message 4 of 13
JoAnn_Hogan

Can you please post your drawing here so I could have a look at it?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 5 of 13
teflon

I am sure it is some system variable or something similar!

You are welcome to take a look at the file but it happens to all my files.

Message 6 of 13
JoAnn_Hogan

There is your issue. The lower white dot that appears is the source. Some text in a random area when you zoom it it looks like the attachment. When you delete it your drawing is fine again.

Have a look at the updated drawing 😃

Jo - Ann
Message 7 of 13
teflon

Thank you for your efforts!

Unfortunately I could not open the file. Would you save it as 2010 version?

I can open a new file from a template and just draw a circle and simulate that problem again!!!

It should be some System Variables or another configuration in 3D styles causing the problem.

Message 8 of 13
JoAnn_Hogan

Trust me, it is not a system variable. Its a floating object in a random space. I have down saved your drawing now. Please have a look at the attachment

Jo - Ann
Message 9 of 13
teflon
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

Hi!

Your file is ok!

But every time I open a new file from template same problem will occur.

I just draw a simple rectangle (and nothing else!) and put it at an arbitrary location.

If view style i 2D Wireframe, Zoom Extents will work fine.

Otherwise the object would jump out of the zoom to upper right corner.

I tried with different UCS settings but it did not matter!

Problem #2:

Ctrl+A gives "348 parcels", it is a part of the template (Swedish template: where i live!).

How can I get rid of those parcels?

Best regards

Message 10 of 13
JoAnn_Hogan

In the image I have attached, the lower object is a AutoCAD Proxy Entity. It contains 348 objects. I simply select it and delete it. And resaved the template.  

Unfortunately the forum does not allow me to attach template files. But if you want to send me a private message with your email address I could email you the template

Jo - Ann
Message 11 of 13
pendean

Your Template file contains all these far-away objects being erased. Clean up your Template file(s): openit, SAVE to a DWG file, fix it, then SAVEAS back to a template file (you might have to delete the first one, which you can do from the SAVEAS pop-up before you complete the SAVEAS command).

FYI: You can post any file type you want around here by simply using a compressed ZIP first, a feature in Windows for a very long time now.
Message 12 of 13
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: pendean

Hi Pedean,

Thank you for that tip. As you can see I haven't been part of the forum for that long i didn't know that.

As you can see that was exactly what I said. Remove the file (Which is the AutoCAD Proxy Entity) and resave your template. Please see the attachment

Jo - Ann
Message 13 of 13
teflon
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

Thank you very much!

So much left to learn!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost