AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Valued Contributor
sunilkumar
Message 1 of 6 (118 Views)

Workspaces

118 Views, 5 Replies
09-01-2008 08:48 PM
I am using a software called PERICAD 2008 which is working on AutoCAD Architecture 2008. When I start AutoCAD the workspace is not appearing the way I saved it. My workspace settings are set to save the changes automatically.

Normally 5 diffrent cui files are loaded when we load the program. They are loaded in the order given below.

acad.cui, custom.cui, tb_menue.cui, acetmain.cui and pericad.cui.

My workspace include toolbars from different cui files. when I open AutoCAD the toolbars are not appearing in the locations where I kept them before. This creates lot of problems. According to the system in our office evry engineers workspace settings should be the same. But, due to this problem it looks different.

Can anybody help me?

Sunilkumar
FORMSHORE
CALICUT
INDIA
Valued Mentor
tim.turner
Message 2 of 6 (117 Views)

Re: Workspaces

09-02-2008 07:08 AM in reply to: sunilkumar
You don't say if your changes are not being saved automatically, only that the workspace is not being set current at startup. Use the /w startup switch in your icon. Right click the icon and go to properties. Put the /w swithch at the end of the target line along with your workspace name in quotes.
I haven't used the automatic workspace save since 2007 where there was a bug that emptied the dashboard.
*Dean Saadallah
Message 3 of 6 (117 Views)

09-02-2008 10:57 AM in reply to: sunilkumar
Manually save your workspace and see if the problem goes away. WSSAVE is the
command.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Valued Contributor
sunilkumar
Message 4 of 6 (117 Views)

09-02-2008 09:30 PM in reply to: sunilkumar
Dear Mr. Tim,

What we are setting here is the profile name. Is it not? Our profile name is "PERICAD" and it cannot be changed. I right clicked the icon and gone to properies. But, the column against target is protected. I cannot change it.

Is there any other way to rectify the problem?
Valued Contributor
sunilkumar
Message 5 of 6 (117 Views)

09-02-2008 09:37 PM in reply to: sunilkumar
I tried that option to find no change.

I read somewhere that the information regarding toolbar location are saved in registry also. Therefore the toolbars from the cui file which is loaded first will take precedence over the tool bars from cui files loaded subsequently. Is that true. If true is there any way to solve it?
Valued Mentor
tim.turner
Message 6 of 6 (117 Views)

09-03-2008 05:42 AM in reply to: sunilkumar
The profile will control the load of two CUIs; the main and the enterprise. The rest of your CUIs are loaded as partials to one or both those. When Autocad is open type MENULOAD and you can see what has been loaded. The "/p" switch in the target line of the ACAD icon will set the profile at startup.
The display and location of toolbars and palettes is controlled by the workspace. Create a workspace with an original name if you have not already done so. Don't use AutoCAD Classic.
If your target line is locked down you have some very strict IT /CAD manager control. Go to whoever controls that and ask them to add the /w workspace for you since you are having problems.
There are other ways around but it depends on what you are allowed to do, such as running a script or lisp from the acaddoc.lsp or tool button or palette. Or you may just have to set the workspace manually every morning, if paid by the hour.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.