AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Message 1 of 2 (410 Views)

Viewport Colour Overrides Plotting problem

410 Views, 1 Replies
09-21-2009 05:18 PM
We are having an issue with the VP Colour overrides in ACAD 2008. We have an Xref layer in a drawing which has its global colour set to Yellow (0.35mm pen). In one viewport we have overridden this colour with Colour 252 (0.1mm pen) for all the layers of the Xref. This displays as expected on the screen. However when we go to plot the drawing part of the Xref still displays as the original 0.35mm pen. This shows up in the plot preview and the paper plot. The Shadeplot for the viewport is set to Hidden.

I have set VPLAYEROVERRIDESMODE to 1.

Looking further into the Xref it contains a block with all objects on layer 0. The block is on a layer with colour set to Yellow. It is only the objects within the block and on layer 0 which are plotting incorrectly. All other objects within the Xref plot ok. When I change the objects within the block from 0 to a layer with the colour Yellow and reload it into original file the plot works fine.

When the shadeplot is set to As Displayed it seems to use the colours correctly. However this is no use as we need to show the viewport as Hidden.

Seems to me there is a bug in AutoCAD 2008 that objects in a block on Layer 0 within an Xref do not get the VP override applied to them in Hidden plots.

We can get around this particular case by setting the global colour to 252 but there is still a bug there I think.

Tried it with 2010 and the problem seems worse. The whole Xref is plotting out with the original colour and not just the objects within the block. Seems to totally ignore the override colour for the viewports. Settings the same as we used in 2008.

Any ideas/help/experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks

Alan Edited by: albarney99 on Sep 24, 2009 7:09 AM
Message 2 of 2 (410 Views)

Re: Viewport Colour Overrides Plotting problem

09-24-2009 12:19 PM in reply to: albarney99
same issue here - any answer?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube