AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Valued Contributor
pmathews
Message 11 of 16 (74 Views)

Re: Vault for Subscription only

03-25-2006 12:11 AM in reply to: pmathews
Thanks Finnur.

Have you personally used Vault with MS-SQL server? Roughly How many files were being managed? Multiple projects?

Thanks once again for sharing.

Regards
Plessey M.
Valued Contributor
pmathews
Message 12 of 16 (74 Views)

03-25-2006 12:15 AM in reply to: pmathews
Dean,

Ever used Vault?

Who know I may be able to scrape something from on high, if I cry loudly enough. Then we can have drinks in the club together ;-).

Plessey M.
*David Allen
Message 13 of 16 (74 Views)

03-27-2006 12:11 PM in reply to: pmathews
but still the question is how do we get it and what can it do?

--
Dave

wrote in message news:5121930@discussion.autodesk.com...
Check out :
http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/AutoCAD_2007_Matrix.pdf
for the matrix.

Regards
Plessey Mathews
Active Contributor
nilsvei
Message 14 of 16 (74 Views)

03-30-2006 12:36 AM in reply to: pmathews
Ok..I am a subscriber... and now I have received AutoCAD 2007, but where is vault? cant find it on the subscription pages either...??
*Greg Suppes [Autodesk]
Message 15 of 16 (74 Views)

03-31-2006 08:57 AM in reply to: pmathews
Hi,

The subscription center site is where you will find the new Vault version,
once its release is completed and posted. The release and posting dates are
coming up soon, so please stay tuned.

Regards,
Greg

wrote in message news:5126472@discussion.autodesk.com...
Ok..I am a subscriber... and now I have received AutoCAD 2007, but where is
vault? cant find it on the subscription pages either...??
Valued Contributor
craigremillard
Message 16 of 16 (74 Views)

08-24-2006 12:20 PM in reply to: pmathews
A couple responses/editorials:

First, if you're in the AEC industry, big enough to need Vault, and still using basic AutoCAD, then you will have major problems in the next few years that neither subscription perks nor enterprise data management can really help you with.

Second, I've used Vault for several small pilot projects and I've found it to be very stable once you adjust your processes to compensate for the unintuitive folder structures it creates. I never pushed the MSDE/SQL Express version past 3 users, but the SQL Enterprise version is the real thing. The biggest issue is education of your staff, followed by IT tricks to lock down as much as possible on the local machine.

Third, your question about CDs is a good one, because Vault for C3D and ACAD currently lacks anything ressembling a publishing interface. With a little sleight it's possible to make sheet sets work, but it's a source of constant pain. This, in my mind, is issue #1 that needs to be dealt with.

All that said, I think Vault is by far the best integrated drawing management solution out there. I think it is right now immediately useful to most AEC companies, and once it incorporates publishing it will be a no-brainer.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube