AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Contributor
garak0410
Message 1 of 2 (328 Views)

Unhandled Exception 18F7FC in AutoCAD LT 2008

328 Views, 1 Replies
11-19-2012 09:16 AM

I've got a single user that has develoiped repeated Unhandled Exception 18F7FC errors on his PC. The only thing that changed was a repair install of Office 2010. Seems to have started since then.

I did several searches and did some standard fixes:

Repair Install of AutoCAD LT 2008
Updated Video Drivers

Repair .NET

Nothing has fixed the problem. He is still able to work but I've been tasked with stopping this problem.

He is on WIndows 7 64BIT

4GB RAM

Many others are on the same setup but he is the only one with the problem.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

*Expert Elite*
Icemanau
Message 2 of 2 (311 Views)

Re: Unhandled Exception 18F7FC in AutoCAD LT 2008

11-19-2012 02:14 PM in reply to: garak0410

First of all, run a disk scanner over the drive to make sure it's not a hardware problem.

Then run a registry scanner over the registry before you try a repair of Win 7 as the registry may have been corrupted.

With the .net files, did you remove them totally and then re-install them? A repair of them will not work most of the time.

Finally if all of those don't work, you may have to try un-installing ACAD and re-installing it.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube