AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Contributor
Message 1 of 3 (66 Views)

Table data format changes when tabbing through blank cells while editing text

66 Views, 2 Replies
09-16-2008 12:49 PM
I am having a problem with entering values in tables. The tables have different data formats for different columns: some text, some architectural number, and some decimal number. While I am entering values in cells, if I tab across blank cells so that the text editor opens for the cell, but I do not enter a value for the cell, the data format for that cell changes to the default for the table style. The cells have format locked, but the data format changes anyway. If I press esc to close the text editor before moving to the next cell, the data format does not change, but I am not sure everyone who uses the tables will consistently do that. Does anyone know how to keep this from happening?
*Dean Saadallah
Message 2 of 3 (66 Views)

Re: Table data format changes when tabbing through blank cells while editing text

09-16-2008 02:23 PM in reply to: schesser
Post a sample of your table, let someone here review it.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Contributor
Message 3 of 3 (66 Views)

Re: Table data format changes when tabbing through blank cells while editing text

09-17-2008 06:24 AM in reply to: schesser
Hi, Dean
Table attached
-Stephanie

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube