Rendering CIrcles in AutoCAD

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
gsktry
1674 Views, 5 Replies

Rendering CIrcles in AutoCAD

Hi,

I am facing a problem in rendering circles. There are 2 circles in the attached sample dwg, One in xy=0,0 location and another in xy=673268.0957,4755835.3243 location. After rendering, the circle in 0,0 location maintains the curve shape. But the other one displays as an irregular shape. Is there any setvars to control this behaviour ? Please suggest.

Thanks in advance

siva

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: gsktry

Too far away for AutoCAD to keep the shape most likely: on my screen they both look like dots.
Message 3 of 6
steve216586

Try opening OPTIONS and under "Display" tab there is a variable for arc and circle smoothness. Change that to 10000 or higher as needed. Generally, at 10000 you will not see any change in performance when zooming or panning but your problem will go away. It is just that the circles are very far apart. When you zoom into one, then zoom out to go to the other, the smoothness isn't set accordingly to the wide zoom factor you have to use.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 4 of 6
gsktry

Hi,

I feel that I did not explain my problem clearly.

Actually I am working on the circle at the coordinate xy=673268.0957,4755835.3243
For testing purpose, I created a circle at xy=0,0 location.

I changed the VIEWRES variable to the maximum of 20000. But It doesn't solve the problem.

Please find the attached screenshots scr0 and scr1.
scr0 is taken after rendering the circle at xy=0,0.
Scr1 is taken after rendering the circle at xy=673268.0957,4755835.3243.

From the screenshots you can see that scr0 looks properly. But scr1 displays some other shape.

So, why autocad behaves differently in these 2 coordinates?

I hope that now I explained my problem clearly.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance
Siva

Message 5 of 6
steve216586

I'll try my best at an analogy.

The circles you have drawn are only 1" dia. But they are millions of inches apart. If you would take an aerial picture of two houses, which reside in two different, yet adjacent, countries, and zoom out to fit them both on a 4" x 6" standard print, and then try to color them their correct colors, with a kindergarten crayon that is the size of a quarter in diameter, you would get the same results.

You are trying to render tiny objects in a large, no, huge space. The resolution at that distance will be pixilated so much that what you are seeing in your second screen shot, is three squares of render. This Autodesk program is not made to be that accurate with rendering at that distance and zoom factor. Try another Autodesk product like 3Ds Max or Maya which is truly intended for rendering. (Although, I doubt they will give results that you are seeking.)

If you insert a .pdf drawing into a .dwg then zoom in real close to a line, you will see the same results. Large squares of image. That is how AutoCAD "fills" color and renders.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 6 of 6
gsktry

Thanks steve.

I got it now. I created several circles in the path of xy=0,0 to xy=673268.0957,4755835 and rendered each circle. The result is, each circle created far from the 0,0 location are showing different shape after rendering.

Regards

Siva

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost