AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

dj43
Message 1 of 4 (165 Views)

Publish command error help.

165 Views, 3 Replies
01-17-2008 07:36 AM
Recently I have not been able to use the publish command to plot plt files. I receive the error "Device not found"in the Plot & publish detail report.
I was hoping some one has come across the same error and might have a solution.
Distinguished Contributor
steve216586
Message 2 of 4 (165 Views)

Re: Publish command error help.

01-17-2008 08:20 AM in reply to: dj43
Are you using the "plotter named in plot setup"? If so make sure that it is pointing to a connected plotter.
Contributor
smanley
Message 3 of 4 (165 Views)

05-14-2008 08:27 AM in reply to: dj43
I came across this error recently for a lot of users in our various offices. I ended up having to delete the printer out of "Printers and Faxes" and delete the driver by going to "File"/"Print Server Properties"/"Drivers" in "Printers and Faxes". Then restart computer and add the printer again.
Contributor
smanley
Message 4 of 4 (104 Views)

01-11-2012 07:47 AM in reply to: dj43

Usually when that happens to me it could be a couple of things. The printer support search path is incorrect, the pc3 file has been corrupted or the printer driver on the machine is messed up. If everyone else is able to print using the same settings as you, it is probably the printer driver and you will need to remove it and then go into the Printer/Fax properties and delete, reboot machine and re-add printer driver.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube