AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Twostrikes2
Message 1 of 6 (520 Views)

Problem with TIFF Files downloads using Raster Image command

520 Views, 5 Replies
03-17-2010 08:39 AM
Using AutoCad 2008. Files that were created with Raster Image command do not fully come up when opening file. Maps(TIFF files) that our dept. use are downloaded using the Raster command, color line layers are added and placed over raster images, these drawings are then saved as files to be used for work purposes. These files created are available to staff department using local networking system. My AutoCad 2008 has been recently installed replacing an older AutoCad. Everyone else can access these files except from my PC. When I select a file using the open command the whole image shows in the small preview screen, but when I select to open, the drawing does not download the raster image created within that file, only the layers that have been created in AutoCad 2008. Do I need to enable some sort of command or application?
*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 2 of 6 (520 Views)

Re: Problem with TIFF Files downloads using Raster Image command

03-17-2010 09:05 AM in reply to: Twostrikes2
Need enabler for SID file, I don't think you need for Tif file.
Twostrikes2
Message 3 of 6 (520 Views)

03-17-2010 12:50 PM in reply to: Twostrikes2
Hello. I downloaded the "raster_design_2008_oe.exe" enabler. It still has not allowed me whole file to download, only the CAD line layers. Oh, what type of file is SID?
*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 4 of 6 (520 Views)

03-17-2010 01:07 PM in reply to: Twostrikes2
SID is Compression of raster images of virtually any size with no noticeable reduction in image quality. In 2008 Autodesk did not give you the ability to see SID file as earlier versions, until people yelled loud enough they gave you a patch for SID.
Back to your problem that you can't see Tiff, click on your image frame, go to properties and make sure your image said "Yes" in SHOW IMAGE and layer is on and thaw.
Twostrikes2
Message 5 of 6 (520 Views)

03-22-2010 12:52 PM in reply to: Twostrikes2
Hello. I checked image frame, then checked in properties and show image is "YES" and layers are on and thawed. It still hasn't changed or downloaded the maps. Any other things I could check? Thank You.
*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 6 of 6 (520 Views)

03-22-2010 01:31 PM in reply to: Twostrikes2
Any other things I could check?
You said other people have no problems then use SETVAR, print out and compare.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube