AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Contributor
KenJG
Message 1 of 5 (207 Views)

Origin & Translation

207 Views, 4 Replies
10-18-2012 10:01 PM
Hello All,

Thanks in advance. I have a situation where I'm re-drawing a drawing that is in German. I now this might not be the correct area to get this info, so please forgive me. I'm using ACAD 2009 that is why I'm here.

My first questions relates to Origin. I have attached a drawing I'm re-drawing and it appears that the Origin is shown on the Top View of the drawing, which is fine. But the Bottom View also shows the origin using the Top also. Would a machinist know what to do when creating this part? Or should I show the Origin using another locatons, for ex: another hole on the botton view?

My second questions is in reference to Notes that are on the drawing. I tried to translate them, but since it's dealing with drafting the meanings don't seem to come out clear. If anyone can tell me what it says that will be grateful.

If by chance I'm in the wrong location on my post please do let me know.

Best Regards
KenJG
Thank You

KenJG
*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 2 of 5 (186 Views)

Re: Origin & Translation

10-19-2012 07:02 AM in reply to: KenJG

There should be (and is) only one origin. The origin is the origin is the origin.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
Contributor
KenJG
Message 3 of 5 (176 Views)

10-19-2012 08:08 AM in reply to: JDMather

Hello JD,

Thank you for your reply.  I thought this was true, so I just wanted to make sure.  I also have another question.  The drawing I'm re-drawing shows a tolerance setting of one value.  For example:

A typical dim would be 10mm (+.000, -.05) mm.  Is there a way to show only the -.05 tolerance value?  I currenlty using the Deviation function, but this show both values, upper and lower limits.

Regards\

KenJG

Thank You

KenJG
*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 4 of 5 (166 Views)

10-20-2012 05:46 PM in reply to: KenJG

KenJG wrote:

Is there a way to show only the -.05 tolerance value? 

I don't think that would be correct.  You should show both the +.00 and the -.05 for the dimension to be complete.
What Standard are you using?  (for example, I use ANSI/ASME Y14.41)

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
Valued Mentor
mrkaplan
Message 5 of 5 (140 Views)

11-08-2012 06:22 PM in reply to: KenJG

in either iso or ansi standards i believe JD is right . to show only minus tolerance  wouldnt be correct.

it allows your 10 dimension to becomes 11 or more.

if this is really what you need then you shouldnt be using a tolerance but rather dimension : "9.95 MIN " .

also i am not sure i understand your origin issue . if you mean the origin of your Geometric tolerance ( A) then its enough to indicate it on one view . 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube