AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 61 of 118 (1,383 Views)

Re: One or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved to the specified format

07-06-2009 10:43 AM in reply to: nrz13
I was able to repeat my problem and provided the files to Autodesk. They said it would be fixed in 2010!
Allen
kevin.davis
Message 62 of 118 (1,383 Views)

Re: ***UPDATE***

07-06-2009 11:45 AM in reply to: nrz13
Your suggested method of saving back to 2000/2000LT and then reopening and saving to 2010 worked for me. I hope others find it helpful too!
WILLGIS
Message 63 of 118 (1,383 Views)

07-22-2009 11:25 AM in reply to: nrz13
Figured I'd throw in my two cents on this as I have just run across it. We just got new machines and got them setup with Civil3D 2010. I went in to each machine and put in the standard template path that I've been working on for 2010, was created in 2010 as well, we've been running 2010 on our older machines, but we didn't use this template, to eliminate the new computer variable.

I've never run across this in the previous versions, but then we never ran a standard template either, we always used an autocad default template. It seems any drawing that we start with our template, via QNEW or fresh launch, Saving the drawing the FIRST time works, after you add anything to the drawing and then save I get the message. I can add just a simple line and try to save and get the message. This does not happen using one of autodesk standard templates, we use the acad -Named Plot Styles.dwt.

I tried to trace this back to maybe the blocks, by using the Named Plot Styles template and then inserting the blocks that are in our template then saving, but I don't get the message, and from any addition linework and saving. To clarify my steps in reproducing it.

1. File....New....Select our Template
2. Draw just one line.
3. Save the drawing..No message
4. Draw another line
5. Save the drawing..Get message, One or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved....
6. Audit...fix errors...Save will work
7. Draw another line
8. Save the drawing..Get message again
9. Audit...etc..

Again I can't reproduce the error message using any of the Autodesk Standard Templates, only if we use our own template. I can recreate it everytime. This template is not from a previous version it was created in Autocad C3D 2010.

Hope this helps, going to keep working on it, as we'd like to use our template.

Carl
*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 64 of 118 (1,383 Views)

07-22-2009 11:43 AM in reply to: nrz13
Would you be willing to share you're template with autodesk. If you are can you open a Support Request and reference mine, SR # 1-4749782741. They closed it because I wasn't able to offer any additional information. If they have your template they may be able to determine what causes this problem.
Thanks.
Allen
rwhiteal
Message 65 of 118 (1,383 Views)

07-22-2009 11:46 AM in reply to: nrz13
FYI,
I had to install Raster 2010 back on with my MEP 2010 to work on an old TIF file image and lay it in as a drawing background. I knew the error message would come when I went to save, and it did, so I ran AUDIT answered yes and did my SAVEAS. But like some others, I only had to do the AUDIT a few times (can't remember exactly) and then finally the s/w didn't give the error msg anymore. It just went and did a QSAVE like normal. This pattern has repeated itself over several existing and new drawings. I can live with this.
Randy
WILLGIS
Message 66 of 118 (1,383 Views)

07-22-2009 12:53 PM in reply to: nrz13
I'm sorry but it's working now. I started going through all the elements of the template, blocks, dimstyles, layers etc..and inserting them (through Design Center) into a drawing created with the Named Plot Style Template, Saving after each insert hoping to spot the culprit of the message. I ended up getting the message after inserting one my symbol blocks. This block happened to be a Light Pole Symbol, in which it is created by a wipeout(only linework is a wipeout). I selected the whole thing and seen the polyline in which it was created with was still there. I deleted it, saved the block.

Funny thing is I didn't recreate the template, I modified the symbols original drawing, from which it was inserted into the template. I did wblock it out of it's original drawing to test it, but never replaced the original. I never went into the templates parent DWG and redifined the block??? I just don't get why it works now. I also noticed that the preview for the symbol dwgs in the open dialog box goes missing when I open my original symbol dwgs and save them?? Also I'm not sure it's wipeout related, as my Inlet symbol has the polyline with which the wipeout was created still in the original Inlet drawing and it works within our template. I'm starting to wonder if this is not BLOCK related. We also have Raster Design, but I've not done anything with it in relation to this issue.

Hope this sheds a little light on the issue, I'll keep you informed if I run across anything else.

Carl
Distinguished Contributor
TherealJD
Message 67 of 118 (1,383 Views)

09-21-2009 02:40 PM in reply to: nrz13
I started gettting the same prob w one of my drawings. I believe it's an issue with Raster Design. Because it started happening once i clicked on the image tab on the ribbon. Raster design loaded, and the save error started showing up...

Closed Civil 3d 2009 and restarted it and it's ok until i hit the image tab again. Using Civil 3d 2009 / Raster Design 2009.
*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 68 of 118 (1,383 Views)

09-22-2009 11:03 AM in reply to: nrz13

Definitely Raster Design related. When I would select an Object (as opposed to an Entity) RD would start and I would have the problem. I finaly uninstalled RD. I needed it a few weeks ago so I installed it on LDTC 2009. I haven't seen the problem yet.
Allen

SmithG_NZ
Message 69 of 118 (1,383 Views)

09-29-2009 10:17 PM in reply to: nrz13
I concur. Definately Raster Design 2010 related.

Opening the affected file in AutoCAD 2010, I can save the file. With RD2010 loaded I cannot and I receive teh error.
As soon as the Raster Design ARX is loaded, I can no longer save the file and receive the error " One or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved to the specified format. The operation was not completed and no file was created".
There are proxy graphics in this file.

If I open the file in AC2010 and attach an image using -IMAGE, I can still save the file.

However, even just loading the RD ribbon causes errors:
Command: _QSAVE
(GDS - Saved file OK)
Command:
Loading AeciIb...
Loading AeciUiBase...
Loading AeciIbApi...
Loading AeciRibbonUiApi...
Command:
Command: _QSAVE
(GDS - Did not save file)
One of the above causes the error.

Now I load RD proper by selecting Image from ribbon, Insert.
I see the RD splash screen appear across my drawing and the following drivers? load.
Command:
Loading AeciIbUi...
Loading AeciVmUi...
Loading AeciSk...
Loading AeciRSnapUi...
Command:

Cmon AutoDesk, lets get moving on this issue!!!!
Valued Contributor
dness
Message 70 of 118 (1,383 Views)

11-19-2009 07:24 AM in reply to: nrz13
In Civil3D 2010 I've nailed this problem down to the image menu. I have Raster loaded on civil3d and as long as I have not accessed the image tab I can save normally. I can even use raster commands such as iinsert on the command line. raster loads the command is performed and I can still save normally. If I select the image tab even if I don't do anything and switch to another tab I will need to audit before I can save. If I close the drawing with the ribbon set to any tab except image when I reopen the drawing I can again save normally. So for me at least it is related to the image tab activation, not image commands.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube