AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

*Tony Tanzillo
Message 11 of 118 (2,603 Views)

Re: One or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved to the specified format

08-08-2008 09:25 PM in reply to: nrz13
I wasn't able to get the error message to appear, but there's an XREF that may have some role in that.

--
http://www.caddzone.com

AcadXTabs: MDI Document Tabs for AutoCAD 2009
Supporting AutoCAD 2000 through 2009

http://www.acadxtabs.com

Introducing AcadXTabs 2010:
http://www.caddzone.com/acadxtabs/AcadXTabs2010.htm

wrote in message news:6002401@discussion.autodesk.com...
Here is one, when I opened it, it was saved in 04 format. Don't know why. I know there is a lot of crud that can be purged from it. I had told her to do an audit and purge on the file. She said she was just going to work in 07 for the remainder of this project because it was started in 07 and she tried to work with it in 09. I have noticed some pretty funky things happening when opening 07 release shop drawings.
Mentor
kmiller
Message 12 of 118 (2,604 Views)

08-19-2008 08:30 AM in reply to: nrz13
It seems we have tried everything and still getting this issue. I posted a file previously with this issue, that was not able to be recreated and there are files we are getting that are not with xref's. We have re-loaded AutoCAD 2009 and still the same issue. Seems to be on one person's computer out of the 50 or so installs we have of 09. The user has resorted to using AutoCAD 2007 until we get this issue resolved. 2009 is starting to tick me off more and more each day. Anyone come up with any explanations?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this response answers your question please click "Accept as Solution".
Distinguished Mentor
nrz13
Message 13 of 118 (2,604 Views)

08-19-2008 09:39 AM in reply to: nrz13
This is a long shot, but you might try entering SDI at the command prompt and making sure it's set to 0. That was the only real difference in setup between my coworker's and the rest of the office's setup. Since SDI mode changes opening and closing behavior, maybe some glitch in that affects saving as well?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
System specs: AutoCAD 2015 64-bit SP1, Windows 7 64-bit SP1, Intel Core i7-2600K, 16GB RAM, Crucial M4 SSD, AMD FirePro V4900, 2 Dell Monitors (2560x1600)
Distinguished Contributor
gnewland
Message 14 of 118 (2,604 Views)

09-02-2008 05:47 AM in reply to: nrz13
I am having the same issue now with a few drawings. Using the Civil3D package, with Raster and SP1. I have unloaded the Raster and still am having the problems. SDI is set to 0. Any real fix for this one yet?
Contributor
mbradford
Message 15 of 118 (2,604 Views)

09-03-2008 11:43 AM in reply to: nrz13
I have just received this message while working on a very simple drawing. I've been using 09 for 6 months or so and this is the first time I've seen it. I had been saving in 2000 format for compatibility with vendors and I tried to save in 07 format but that didn't work either.
Contributor
mbradford
Message 16 of 118 (2,604 Views)

09-03-2008 12:17 PM in reply to: nrz13
I have an idea that I may have created an object or half-object by interrupting a copy of a 3d object. I have a habit of hitting the escape key to stop the multiple copy to early when I copy 3d objects and end up with just part of the object. Maybe the process was not done so I created something that looked like a copy but not all the data was there and acad could not save what was created. Just a thought.
iticenter
Message 17 of 118 (2,605 Views)

09-10-2008 08:36 AM in reply to: nrz13
I had the same problem with saving the drawing in AutoCAD Mechanical 2009 and I solved it by cleaning up space in "Temp" folder on C drive as Kevinf suggested.
Distinguished Mentor
JeffPaulsen
Message 18 of 118 (2,605 Views)

09-17-2008 03:19 PM in reply to: nrz13
We have been using Civil 3D 2009 since April and had not seen this issue once. This week we started using LDT 2009 on existing (non-C3D) projects. So far this week I have seen this error twice. Two different users, different computers and different drawings. Neither of them were able to save the drawing once the error occurred.

I tried to save some of the work by copying the objects to the clipboard but I was not able to paste all objects. After some trial and error it turned out to be some symbols blocks that would not paste.

I opened the drawing again and could not reproduce the error.

What software is everyone else using that produced this error? Are you using vanilla AutoCAD or a vertical like LDT or C3D?

I'm going to submit this to subscription support but I think I know what the response will be since I can't reproduce it.
Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2012 SP3 | Win 7 64-bit SP1
Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.60GHz, 16GB Ram | NVidia Quadro 600
Mentor
kmiller
Message 19 of 118 (2,605 Views)

09-18-2008 05:37 AM in reply to: nrz13
Please submit it. Then I won't be the only crazy one who has submitted it as well :smileysurprised:). Autodesk came back with all these wacky solutions that I didn't think would help out so we ended up doing a clean re-install of the software (we are running plain autocad from the revit suite package, 2009) and had the users windows profile recreated at log-in. *knock on wood* no problems as of yet. We thought of the windows log in because the software worked if someone else was logged into the computer but not her. We have 30+ installs and one user with this issue, but her issue was so bad that we couldn't save anything.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this response answers your question please click "Accept as Solution".
Distinguished Mentor
JeffPaulsen
Message 20 of 118 (2,605 Views)

09-18-2008 06:02 AM in reply to: nrz13
I got this response from subscription support:

1. Save As to a new location, like the desktop or My Documents. If that works, then check disk space and/or permissions at the previous save location.
2. Set SDI to 0 in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009 to turn off 'Single Document Interface'.
3. Start a new drawing from scratch and insert the affected drawing, then test saving the new drawing.
4. Try typing in save (not saveas) in the command window and change the name to something else.

If the issue occurs to a particular set of drawings, perform the steps mentioned below:

1. Open a new session of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009
2. Type "RECOVER" at the command line and choose the drawing to be recovered
3. Type "AUDIT" at the command line of the recovered drawing and Chooses yes when asked to fix errors
4. Repeat "AUDIT"
5. Type "-Purge" at the command line and choose "RegApps" when asked to enter type of unused object to purge
6. Press "Enter" when asked to enter name to purge
7. Choose "No" when asked to verify each name to be purged.
8. Perform the above on the base drawing as well as the xrefed drawing if any.
9. If problem still persists "WBLOCK" entirely both drawings.
10. Work on the Entirely "WBLOCK"ed drawings to see if problem persists.

I will need to wait for it happen again to see if any of these suggestions help.
Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2012 SP3 | Win 7 64-bit SP1
Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.60GHz, 16GB Ram | NVidia Quadro 600

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube