AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 81 of 118 (2,477 Views)

Re: One or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved to the specified format

01-14-2010 05:52 AM in reply to: nrz13
I've tried to trace the history of this in the groups without finding the post that I learned it from. These are what I did find:
http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=6195840?
http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=754533
I've attached some screen shots to show how I have it set up. You could also work this through Permissions. Deny the permission to Delete.
Allen Edited by: AllenJessup on Jan 14, 2010 8:54 AM
*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 82 of 118 (2,478 Views)

01-14-2010 06:28 AM in reply to: nrz13
Now I did it! I started playing around with the permissions to see how they would need to be set. Now I can't duplicate the original condition. I have the folder set to Read-Only and AutoCAD is Writing AND Deleting from it.
This may not have just happened though. I've noticed that there are no have been kept in that folder since 11 days ago. Somethng may have changed then.
Allen
*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 83 of 118 (2,479 Views)

01-14-2010 07:22 AM in reply to: nrz13
More Info - http://rkmcswain.blogspot.com/2005/07/autosave-mystery.html
Message 84 of 118 (2,479 Views)

01-14-2010 04:05 PM in reply to: nrz13
I just started getting this error this week. I can't find any rhyme or reason to it. It happens in old files, new files and files I've worked in last week with no errors. The first few times I save a drawing everything is fine and then all of a sudden auto save will pop up with this error. I am using AutoCAD 2010. I have tried Audit, Purge and Save-As and nothing seems to work except to close CAD and start all over again until the error shows up again.
*Rowland
Message 85 of 118 (2,479 Views)

01-15-2010 06:06 AM in reply to: nrz13
was just told yesterday of a similar error in AcadE and the work-around
for it,

try saving out as a dxf, close then reopen the file and now save it back
to a dwg...

that and eventually get around to installing SP3 (again, for Acad Elec)
Distinguished Contributor
Message 86 of 118 (2,479 Views)

01-29-2010 12:59 AM in reply to: nrz13
I'm having this problem also. Without any reason this error comes up. I noticed though that it looks like I can predict when it's going to happen. Strange things happen before this error occurs:
- dimensions can't be edited or moved anymore.
- items can't be deleted or modified anymore.
When I try to save the drawing, the error message appears. Tried all the possible solutions stated above, but with no success. Only solution is to hope Mechanical 2010 has done an automatic save recently that I can use, and restart Mechanical 2010.

System spec's:
HP xw4400 Workstation
Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 @ 2.4 GHz
4 GB memory
nVidia Quadro FX 1500 graphics
Product Design Suite 2014
Inventor 2014, Vault 2014
HP Workstation Z220
Intel Xeon 3.4GHz
16GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 4000
Windows 7 Professional (64bit)
Contributor
Message 87 of 118 (2,479 Views)

02-02-2010 09:15 AM in reply to: nrz13
Mark,

I think I have the exact same problem. Our network is routed through a Linux Samba server as well. We are in the process of switching from Novell to windows active directory and the drives that are still hosted by Novell (via the Samba server) have been buggy as all get out. I don't know how this will help the other folks, but I think the server is where our problems are.

-Jeremy
Message 88 of 118 (2,479 Views)

02-24-2010 03:01 AM in reply to: nrz13
I think i may have a part solution.

My case is a little different than the one posted here. still i hope this helps.

emptying "temp" folder didnt help. Nor did Audit command

in my case i am using autocad 2010 and was trying to save onto a 2007 format and had the same message appear.
I have a password applied on the 2010 file, and it seems that if i have a password applied to the file and try to save onto a previous version, no problems appear. BUT when i REMOVE the password and save to a previous file version, i can save it ONLY ONCE. if you save again, the message appears "One or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved to the specified format......" , then the file cannot be saved even to a 2010 file format.

Now, after a little tinkering with the file formats, i saved the original 2010 file straight to a 2000 version file. This removes the password automatically and now i was able to save onto any version i choose.

That is the only solution i found. the downside is that if you apply a new password to the already saved 2000 version file, and save to either 2004, 2007 or 2010 file version, you can do so without problems, BUTTTT again, you cannot remove the password and save as 2004, 2007 or 2010 version. I figure this as a bug in programming, but hey... im no programmer.

hope this helps
Valued Contributor
Message 89 of 118 (2,480 Views)

03-09-2010 10:23 AM in reply to: nrz13
I just encountered this problem and narrowed my issue to this:

An existing drawing with AutoCAD WIPEOUT objects opens fine as long as Raster Design 2010 is not loaded. If ARD2010 is loaded the WIPEOUT briefly appears at open but dissappears at the final open image process. When I list the WIPEOUT object, I can pick it but it does not register as any object (at all) being picked so it does not list. I can create a new WIPEOUT object but any SAVE attempt results in "One or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved to the specified format".

My theory is that there is some sort of conflict with Raster Design and WIPEOUTS.

Question: Does anyone you has this error message have WIPEOUTs in their drawings?

Additional note: As long as I do not activate Raster Design (or leave the Image tab current), there is no issue (I can pick, list, and view WIPEOUTS) and I can save the drawing.
Active Contributor
Message 90 of 118 (2,480 Views)

03-31-2010 09:09 AM in reply to: nrz13
Yes! I had this issue yesterday and posted to the Civil3D board.

When I reopened after a crash and recover, all of the the wipeouts including text masks were gone (along with the masked text) I had to recreate all of the notes with textmasks (using background mask this time), recreate the wipeouts, then when I did a plot preview, the wipeout was gone and I was unable to save.

Third try, created the wipeout I needed and plotted without a preview, I got my drawing out, then was unable to save once again, to ANY version! Unable to export to autocad, unable to export a layout.

And when I manually tried an Audit, it caused a fatal error.

Can you say frustration? And no billable time, to boot :smileymad:

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube