Did you mean: 

Need help

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mohd_faidzol
390 Views, 5 Replies

Need help

Who knows what cause the problem as shown in the attached pic?

I am using autocad v2007. My friend who used latest version has tried to open the same file but it works OK.

Is the problem caused by virus? What should i do? I have tried to reinstall autocad, but doesnt solve the problem.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
braudpat
in reply to: mohd_faidzol

Hello

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

Sorry but your images show that this DWG is using the multi-scale Annotation Feature (on Texts, Blocks, etc)

which is a major new feature of ACAD 2008 !

So an ACAD 2007 can't manage this 2008 feature, it will show you that it can ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
nestly2

As Braudpad said, the probem appears to be the Annotative Object in the source drawing.  (It appears to me the drawing author inadvertently added far too many scales)

If the author had SAVEFIDELITY enabled, I believe there should be a separate layer for each Annotative scale, so you may be able to freeze / delete all the unneeded Layers.

Attach the drawing if possible.

Message 4 of 6
mohd_faidzol
in reply to: nestly2

Dear nestly2,

Pls find attached files. Or should i install the latest version of ACAD?

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9546F7CC80C4DD84!156&authkey=!AIL7shj91Q7NiTs&ithint=file%2c.d...

Thanks.

Message 5 of 6
nestly2

As expected, the drawing contains many Annotative scales, but was not saved in a format to allow AutoCAD2007 to view them properly. After saving the drawing with "Maintain Visual Fidelity" enabled, each annotative scale is put on it's own layer, so you can manually Freeze/Unfreeze scales as needed.  (see demo below)   Having said that, I think it's unlikely the drawing is supposed to contain all those scales, so I would ask the author to clean up the drawing by removing any unnecessary scales and then re-save the dwg in 2007 format with visual fidelity enabled so you can work with it properly in your version.

While upgrading may be a good idea, there seems to be another problem with the sizing of the text (blocks) on the right side that may still persist even when opening with a newer version.

more on Visual Fidelity -->  link

Demo --> http://www.screencast.com/t/yFU6dgWBLr0

Message 6 of 6
mohd_faidzol
in reply to: nestly2

Thanx nestly for the useful info. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost