AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

changmarin
Message 1 of 5 (206 Views)
Accepted Solution

Multiple Maps, One Object.

206 Views, 4 Replies
12-04-2012 08:41 AM

Hi all,

I want  the interior of a model to render white and the exterior to render in another color, say red, using a plaster map or a stucco map.  When I used to work with my Pfaces it was pretty easy (one face in the inside, one face for the outside) but with solids seems to be pretty hard to have different colors or different textures on each side of a wall.

Please don't tell me that I have to model the inside apart from the outside In order to have different colors and see the house interiors white when you look at it from the outside through the windows.  I just want to create the spaces subtracting a group of solids from the main volume.

Ch.-
*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 5 (200 Views)

Re: Multiple Maps, One Object.

12-04-2012 09:51 AM in reply to: changmarin

Hi,

>> Please don't tell me that I have to model the inside apart from the outside In order to have different colors

Ok, so I DON'T TELL YOU that ....

And now look to reality (what you try to emulate with your visualisation), the material of the wall is another material than tiles or wallpapers or the paint color you "mount onto the wall". If you want white walls inside and yellow outside you can't use one material for building the wall anyway.

Realism is not easy at all! :smileyhappy:

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
changmarin
Message 3 of 5 (197 Views)

12-04-2012 10:15 AM in reply to: changmarin

Hi Alfred,

Don't get me wrong, I've read the manual thoroughly and supposed just that.  I understand the different color or tile is another material.  I just hoped that with one "mysterious" command or lisp routine I've never heard of you could assign different textures to the solids faces the same way you can assign different colors to their faces.

Thanks anyway, I appreciate it.

Ch.-
changmarin
Message 4 of 5 (187 Views)

12-05-2012 07:00 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

My dear friend Alfred,

Guess what,  it can be done!  The "mysterious" command is SOLEDIT, then choose option Face and proceed to select the solid's face to be modified and change the map independently from the rest.  You can also select the face directly and after that choose a map from the list in the properties window.

:smileyhappy:

Ch.-
*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 5 of 5 (183 Views)

12-05-2012 07:09 AM in reply to: changmarin

Hi,

great, so I have to apologize (and start with a new world/dimension of AutoCAD materials).

Thx for the correction!

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube