AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

ASFord
Message 1 of 2 (172 Views)

Multi-drawings into one single Drawing

172 Views, 1 Replies
12-11-2012 07:07 PM

I am a poor AC operator - I work manily in AS.  Please provide a step by step direction on how to combine two AC drawings into one drawing. The end effect is to switch between one complete drawing on a page and then the other.

Thanks very much,

Glenn

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 2 (164 Views)

Re: Multi-drawings into one single Drawing

12-11-2012 10:00 PM in reply to: ASFord

Hi,

>> Please provide a step by step direction on how to combine two AC drawings into one drawing.

You can use command _INSERT (>>>details<<<) or _XREF (>>>details<<<) whereas the step-by-step definition/the how-to-use description could be found within the hyperlinks behind details.

>> The end effect is to switch between one complete drawing on a page and then the other.

If you mean "layouts" then you can do that (>>>details<<<). But it's not clear for me where the advantage is between "switch between layouts" or "switch between drawings" .... as you only want to get them together out of this one reason.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube