Moving White shapes on top of black

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
hudsonrver
651 Views, 15 Replies

Moving White shapes on top of black

Hello,

I have finally figured out how to get a logo onto my AutoCad sheet, but I am having problems with its appearance.

I saved the logo as a WMF and used Insert > Windows Metafile. I did a little redrawing for parts to appear as they should.

Any white type over a black shape disapears though. I've tried "bring to front", that doesn't seem to work.

Any suggestions please?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
pendean
in reply to: hudsonrver

How about the 'send to back' option? Then remember to REGENALL afterwards or whenever the display looks wrong on screen (your video card is not keeping up).

Message 3 of 16
hudsonrver
in reply to: pendean

Hi pendean, thank you for the advice! It worked out great. I still have the "hole" in the middle of the letters O and D that are appearing as solid white along with the rest of the letters, so it looks like they are missing their "holes". I've tried deleting the hatching on those letters and making new. I've tried Bring to Front, also. I would try the "Send to back" on everything else but I am afraid I will get things out of order.

Any suggestions please?
Message 4 of 16
Bob_Zurunkle

OP what would happen if you use a wipeout to approximate the hole, and bring the wipeout to the front?

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 5 of 16
hudsonrver
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

Hello, the logo is still not right, white holes in the O's, etc. on other peoples computers.
If I saved the logo as a jpg and pasted it from photoshop or Paint, do I have to eTransmit the file for the logo to stay on the page for the next person?
Message 6 of 16
pendean

What font are you using? TTF and SHX font here, no masking included in the text objects, see this sample.

Capture.PNG

Message 7 of 16
hudsonrver

The logo was made in Illustrator, Outlines were created for the font. The logo exported was a WMF and was Inserted into Autocad as a Windows Metafile.
Thank you for any help.
Message 8 of 16
pendean

You'll need to fix the problem in Ilustrator then, or use AutoCAD text objects for text where I can get letters with 'open' holes in them (if I understand your problem correctly).

You can OLE attached any image file: you just need access to a raster image reader that will let you select the image to copy to the clipboard.
Message 9 of 16
hudsonrver

Thank you for the answer Pendean, If I saved the logo as a jpg and pasted it from photoshop or Paint using OLE, do I have to eTransmit the file for the logo to stay on the page for the next person?
Message 10 of 16
pendean

No you do not as long as you did not activate OLE linking.
Message 11 of 16
hudsonrver

When I paste a JPG of the logo from Photoshop onto the page, Photoshop opens again. I close it, and then a logo appears on my cursor for placing onto the AutoCad sheet. A box pops up with the title "OLE Text Size". The options are grayed out that would be clickable there (OLE Font, OLE Point Size, Text Height). Only the RESET button is clickable. So I just click OK, then my logo shows up on the AutoCad sheet.
I do a Save As AutoCad 2000 dwg, Send it to someone and there is no logo on the page.

I've also gone to Insert > OLE Object, then create new, Paintbrush Picture, clicked OK, then pasted a jpg of the logo in the white box theat appears in Paintbrush, clicked on Update document, Exit and Return to Document, then AutoCad comes up with the logo placed. I save it as AutoCad 2000, send it to someone and still no logo.

Please tell me what am I doing wrong?
Message 12 of 16
pendean

- In AutoCAD, run the INSERTOBJ command.
- Choose "Create New", then choose "Bitmap Image".
- Next, Windows Paint should open up.
- In Windows Paint, choose the Edit menu, then PasteFrom
- Select your existing image file (JPG, BMP, PNG, TIF, etc.)
- While still in Windows Paint, choose File, then Exit and Return to AutoCAD.
-CTRL+P. OLE is in your AutoCAD file.
Message 13 of 16
hudsonrver

Hello,

I followed the list above, but there was no "Bitmap Image" option. I made a screen shot so you can see. There is no Windows Paint option, so I selected the option for Paintbrush Picture. The logo does appear on the screen for me, but when I send the file, it is not on the page for the recipient. I looked in the Model and Layout tabs to make sure it was viewable on the page before sending it.

Any thoughts please?

Screen capture for Autodesk web site.jpg

Message 14 of 16
pendean

Open the attached DWG file: see the image?

Message 15 of 16
hudsonrver

That's awesome, just what I want to accomplish. Minus Bob, of course. I have spent a week trying to get an image to stay in the file.

With no "Bitmap Image" option and no "Windows Paint" option, per the instructions, is there a chance something else could be amiss on this end?
Message 16 of 16
pendean

I opened the image in Windows Paint.
I used the SELECT ALL button to, well, select all.
I clicked over to AutoCAD and CTRL+P: image comes in.
I closed Paint.
I saved the file down for you and closed AutoCAD.

See message #8, one of my earlier responses about opening the image file in a program that allows you to select an image first.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost