AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Valued Contributor
TXC87110
Message 1 of 3 (1,936 Views)

Lost ltypeshp.shx, simplex.shz, the main dictionary?

1936 Views, 2 Replies
08-18-2009 03:59 AM
HI

It seems as if I have lost ltypeshp.shx, simplex.shz, the main dictionary?
All I did was place a directory in the “options” , “files” tab in the “Surport file search path”. I would not have done this but my boss wants to change the directory structure and I have a lot of files referenced out of one diredtory. So now when I go into a file I get the errors about ltypeshp.shx, and the simplex .shx. Then when I go to edit text I get the “main dictionary not found” can’t figure out what I have done. HELP WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!

Thanks
Tim
Distinguished Contributor
cvbt-thailand
Message 2 of 3 (1,180 Views)

Lost ltypeshp.shx, simplex.shx on support file search path change.

05-28-2013 07:47 PM in reply to: TXC87110

I had a similar problem.  My ltypeshp.shx and simplex.shx seemed to disappear when I added another font directory to my Support File Search Path (Options, Files Tab).  I did a search and found them in Users\. . .\appdata\local\autodesk\autocad mechanical 2011\r18.1\enu\support directory.  I added that directory to my Support File Search Path and that fixed the problem.

Geoffrey Wheeler
IV Pro 2011 64bit SP2; Win7 Ultimate SP1
ASUS MB Intel i5-3450 @ 3.10 GHz, 8GB RAM
ATI AMD Radeon HD 6600 Series, 1GB RAM
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 3 of 3 (1,173 Views)

Re: Lost ltypeshp.shx, simplex.shx on support file search path change.

05-29-2013 04:44 AM in reply to: cvbt-thailand

Read as if the OP just changed the name of the Support Path Folder rather than adding another.

It would also appear that they fixed this in the four years the original post was placed.

Or did not care to come back to this thread.

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube